General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Majorca!! I only have a year between my two and most of the time if felt like having twins lololol

The youngest was eighteen months when we first went abroad and that was out to Menorca. Had all the same concerns and worries as you have now :) We took colouring books, reading books etc and this kept them occupied on the flight and in the apartment. As for the pool area one of us just went into the pool with them and again they were fine :)

One thing we did find was that the air knocked them out and they would be flat out by seven in there buggies. Couple of drinks for us in a local bar and then a stroll back to accomodation and lifted the girls straight into there beds :tup

Good luck
Menorca was a good choice with little one's Debbie :tup We've been there a few times and it's very good for families with young children - no teenage groups.
Menorca was a good choice with little one's Debbie :tup We've been there a few times and it's very good for families with young children - no teenage groups.

Exactly Glynis. :tup If there ever comes a time that I am blessed with grandchildren then Menorca would be the place I would take them to. ;)
Majorca or Blackpool, it doesn't matter which, you will still have two toddlers so you may as well go to Majorca (or Menorca) :)

My girls are 2½ years apart so not quite as much of a handful as twins but it still means watching for two active children but with two of you doing the watching you should be fine. I would find somewhere with a good beach and a kids pool.
you know what your biggest problem is don't you? where you are starting from!

Before people start realing off lists of places they've been to from southern English airports I think we should narrow down what's possible from Aberdeen (is anything possible from Inverness?). Even Glasgow or Edinburgh is going to add hours to a long journey with kids.

And how would you get to Blackpool? It's a long drive and not very easy by train. We always used to go there in July when I was a kid - the hours I've spent in Watson Road park sheltering from the rain!!
Sounds like a stupid question, but how big are they? My top tip for beside the pool is a travel cot...acts as a playpen/bed, can easily shelter them from the sun and once they are in it, you know where they are, yet they aren't as restricted as being in a buggy. Only question is whether the 2 of them would fit in one, you wouldn't want to have to take two!! As for the eating if you can think about All inclusive, by far the best thing when you have fussy children.

Pam
You will have the same problems in Blackpool as you would have abroad so definately go where the sunshine is. There will be plenty to do to keep them amused and the hot weather will tire them out more quickly.

My 'top tip' is to always put a bright coloured t-shirt or hat on them so they are easier to spot if they wander more than 2 foot away! Also if you want to stay round the pool for the day, buy a small paddling pool for a few euro's and fill it with water from the pool. This means you can sit further away from the pool without fear of them falling/diving in and they will still have fun playing in the water (get a watering can/bucket etc for them to play with in the paddling pool).
We've travelled to Cala Bona in Majorca with our now 9 year old twins and their now 13 year old brother since they were 7 months old and I'm still here to tell the tale lol.

You holiday in this country you spend loads more as you're trying to keep them entertained especially when it's raining.....in Majorca you can plonk yourselves down on the beach and have loads of fun building sandcastles and paddling in the sea or plonk yourself down by the kids pool and have loads of water fun.

From personal experience invest in the swim lifejackets....we put them on over UV sunsuits and they gave us a bit of peace of mind while we were at the pool. They were never ever left unattended but with 2, you'll know already that they tend to run off in opposite directions and it was just something we found useful especially with having an older child as you have also. Buying pool shoes for all the kids meant if they ignored us and ran around the pool, there was no slipping on wet tiles and invest in sandals with non-slip soles for apartment (learnt that one the hard way)....took UK door slam protectors with us and bought European socket covers (yes, I was a wee bit paranoid) :)

Twin buggy means that you or hubby can take them off for a walk if they are getting tired and in need of a nap and allows the other to spend time with your older child....my hubby would walk the twins to the local supermarket and pick up buns for lunch while I stayed with eldest in the pool. Going s/c means you can choose your meal times so you're not stuck with rigid restaurant opening times....that in itself means things are far more relaxed.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.