Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Injections
2 Posts
The short answer is that if this site recommends them

https://travelhealthpro.org.uk/country/105/india#Vaccine_recommendations

then, yes, you would be well advised to get them. Contact your GP surgery and make an appointment ASAP to discuss what you need with the practice nurse. Some of them are things you would be well advised to keep up to date even for this country eg boosters for Tetanus, Diptheria and Polio - there's a reason why these diseases are so rare in the UK nowadays and that reason is routine vaccination and you probably won't be charged for them. Depending on the policies adopted by your practice you might be charged for the prescription for such things as Hepatitis and Typhoid but do you really want to run the risk of contracting diseases which can still be killers? Whether you will need a Yellow Fever certificate will depend on where else you have travelled to recently - if you haven't been to anywhere where Yellow Fever is endemic recently then you probably won't need that injection but you need to get professional advice and take precautions against mosquito bites. You really do not want to contract Malaria - it's not curable and I've seen the consequences for some people of what then becomes a chronic health condition.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.