Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Las Palmas
8 Posts
Las Palmas is a nice city with a fantastic weather even in winter, 22º average. Apart from the city beach, Las Canteras, I also recommend to visit Vegueta, the "old city" and enjoy its lively nightlife.
Thanks! We have booked it now so something to look forward to.
Weather doesn't look as if its going to behave. I am not too bothered if the temperature isn't normal but I don't want to freeze to death watching the marathon! Our apartment is duplex so we have a rooftop area as well as a balcony. Would like to be able to use them! To top it off, it looks like there is a good chance we fly out when the bad weather is supposed to hit here. I am keeping my fingers crossed!
Well the weather was better than expected- infact I managed to burn myself, with factor 30 on ( and 50 on the face). Our hotel (small one with only 9 apartments) was in an ideal position at one end of Las Canteras beach. I will link to my review of the Wavia when it is approved. One thing I didn't add in my review- it was a pretty modern hotel and had about 5 sets of controls. I gave up on the first night trying to put the lights off as I managed to instead open and close shutters and change the colour of the lights so went to bed with all the lights on:rofl (OH had already fallen asleep)
The very long promenade has loads of lovely restaurants. The day of the marathon was probably a bit too hot for running. OH found it a bit boring as he said most of the run was on the motorway. Perhaps that is why he got such a good time!
I wouldn't choose Las Palmas to stay in again unless its for the marathon as it isn't really a picturesque place to stay in . The hop on off bus - we didn't do the hop off bit!! But we were only there 4 nights and I was quite happy staying along the beach area and enjoying long leisurely lunches of tapas and wine, and then fish dinners at night!
Your hotel looked really swanky on your FB page Fiona 👍. Weather looked great also 😎
It was Glynis. Wouldnt have splashed out on the suite if we had been there longer.
Next marathon is Barcelona at the end of this month. Will be nice to revisit it- only a long weekend.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.