Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
I was in Amadores in September, and took the bus to Las Palmas, they run twice an hour and went through playa del ingles, I'm really glad we took the time to visit the capital, it was a break from all the sunshine! We took the city tour when we were there, yellow double decker bus picks up from outside the bus station, takes about an hour and a half to do the full loop, but you can get off and on whenever you want and it takes you round all the tourist sites, and shopping areas.

Lovely city too.
taxi in gran canaria is very cheap, but to take taxi from playa del ingles to las palmas would be like 60-70 euro. so dont do that! ;) much better to take the bus. stops many places in playa del ingles and takes you to las palmas. ask in your hotel where the nearest busstop is. price is about 3-4 euro one way, and bus stops at san telmo park in las palmas.

right next to busstation is triana - which is the most popular and famous shoppingstreet of las palmas. walk down triana, shop, relax on streetside cafe and continue down to vegueta nearby. this is the old part of las palmas with plenty of historic buildings and museums. you can easily spend a whole day in triana and vegueta. very very nice area.

north of busstation is another popular shopping street; mesa y lopez. also good to visit but i recommend triana. there are also many big shoppingcentres in las palmas; like las arenas and el muelle where they have all kinds of shops. if u want to visit these, go first in triana then take taxi to either las arenas or el muelle.
thanks for that information.

seems the bus is the best option.
am looking foreward to seeing las palmas!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.