General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
We haven't booked anything for this Summer yet; I'm sure that we will be able to find something for June but I want to see if any unpredicted consequences are going to arise from a no deal Brexit.eg re healthcare,insurance costs, queues at security etc and also is the pound going to fall thru the floor vs the euro.
Also I'm one of those caught by the potential change in the rules for passport validity - expiry date is nominally April 2020 BUT if we leave without a deal I've got to renew before this Summer as the anniversary date is August this year. As far as I can see I can travel OK if we get some sort of deal.
To an extent yes I have, but it's slightly different for me living in another EU country. I have a holiday booked to Crete In early May, but between Germany and Crete as they are both countries that are signed to Schengen I'm not expecting any problems. I had wanted a short trip to the UK in April but have held off booking until I'm more sure of what is going to happen after Brexit.
  • Edited by Judith 2019-03-27 10:54:54
Yeah I think that a lot of the market are in the same position. I still think it would not have been half as bad on peoples confidence or hesitancy if the government had got their act together. The display they have put on means you cannot rule out any unpredictably that may come.

Pretty poor really..
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.