Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Which travel agents did you use?

Did they offer you a full refund as they should have done?
was it for the dom republic by any chance ???
Some years ago I had the misfortune to accept an offer of purchasing tui<s pre paid mastercard. Use it to pay for all your holiday extras they said, without carrying large amounts of cash. We holidayed in Limone, Lake Garda and seeing the TUI rep selling excursions in our hotel, we decided to venture out and take advantage of the wonderful excursions offered. 285 euros sounded competitive for 2 trips for 2 people. I offered my new TUI mastercard, (already loaded with 1000 euros,) to the TUI rep who promptly declined this TUI card saying she did not have the facility to use this card, even though other guests where offering mastercard credit cards at the time. I had to walk out to the streets of limone and draw 300 euros from an atm to purchase my excursions. Fast forward to today where I am about to travel to Garda town on Lake Garda in September. I spent over 2 hours yesterday telephoning numerous TUI departments asking if their pre paid card is now acceptable by their own reps in resort. Nobody at TUI could ensure that this would be the case! So a word of caution to fellow travellers, Use a more reputable form to safeguard your holiday spending money such as Caxtons,eg, and avoid TUI at all costs.
Hi Coljames & welcome, I wouldn't have spent nearly 2hrs waiting for confirmation. As you say there's other well known prepaid cards out there. 👍
On 16th April 2018 at 07:49pm, Lealea100 said:
TUI contacted us over a month ago to inform us that our hotel was closing and we had to change hotel . We were not offered like for like and are not on a long winded battle trying to get the all inclusive adult only holiday we have paid for . After many calls visits to store speaking to manger after manger we are no further forward . Most staff have been polite but not helpful and one employeee was screaming at me calling me a liar down the phone . We wrote a long detailed complains email stating we wanted all of our issues resolved and our email has not even been acknowledged by anyone in headquarters management or anything no apology no solutions.
When conplaining by email and my phone we repeatedly get put back the shop we booked in to speak to their manger who admits his hands are tied .
Can anyone please help and advise us is there anything else we can try ?
a number we can call ? And email address we can contact ?
TUI contacted us over a month ago to inform us that our hotel was closing and we had to change hotel . We were not offered like for like and are not on a long winded battle trying to get the all inclusive adult only holiday we have paid for . After many calls visits to store speaking to manger after manger we are no further forward . Most staff have been polite but not helpful and one employeee was screaming at me calling me a liar down the phone . We wrote a long detailed complains email stating we wanted all of our issues resolved and our email has not even been acknowledged by anyone in headquarters management or anything no apology no solutions.
When conplaining by email and my phone we repeatedly get put back the shop we booked in to speak to their manger who admits his hands are tied .
On 5th August 2019 at 07:49pm, crispb said:
So your partner was bitten by a Rat - what was the response from Tui?

Does not matter how much you spend and customer loyalty means very little. Several years ago when I contacted them about a problem they kept denying what they had actually published on their website.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.