General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
You have the same problem as i dramaqueen , i have tight long curly hair and i have to use a intense conditioner regardsless if i use a 2 in 1 or just a normal shampoo.

I love the 'frizz ease' selection by John Freda its a god sent for us frizzy glam puss'es ! :lol:

I do dread my hair in the sun though it goes so wild ! and its a nightmare trying to tame it around the pool or on the beach , i just get so mad with the frizz .... :evil:
lol Dee, I feel sorry for you having tight curls. Although it looks lovely, it must be impossable. I have tight curls at the back, which go over my neck, and are shorter than the rest of my hair and I always get tangles from there.
What I do to prevent tangles is I plait my hair of a night before I go to bed, give it a good brush first, then it's fine, and can't move round and tangle up.
On holiday, I never get my scalp burnt as my hair is so thick, but I still use sunblock. I always give up on my hair after 3 days, and pull it back, much to my mum's protest.
The V05 intensive moisturiser mask is good to take away, as are the superdrug sachets of hot oils
I think i might just have to get some vo5 hot oils and use them, but just like yourself i usually give up after a few days ....thank god for hair scarfs and hair bands ..........not forgetting a cute little hat ! :lol:

How long do you have for your hols now dramaqueen ?
TIM !! what a pic, did you catch anything?? :lol:

This thread has got me thinking, I normally take a bottle of 2 in 1 for them quick washes in the morning and a seperate shampoo and conditioner for evening hair hehe post pool frizz reducer stuff too.

Except.....this year I am travelling extrememly lightly. Have been to superdrug they do these little square-ish travel bottles 2 for £1.49. I filled them with shampoo and conditioner they hold maybe 3/4 of a bottle and are really compact so determined not to waste anything this year or leave anything behind. Also bought mini travel sized everything haha, mini moisturiser, mini sponge thingy, mini flannel, mini deoderant for in my bag at airport etc, mini talc hehe, mini toothpaste!!! you never use a whole tube on holiday, you have to love superdrug at the moment and a mini bottle of travel wash haha.

All i need is to lose about 6 stone and could go on holiday the same size as all my 'mini' things haha

taking a mini suitcase this year too haha, will have to take a pic to prove all this now, wait till ive packed
Sallybear the mini travel stuff sounds like a real good idea !, gonna have to pop into Superdrug now at lunch ! :lol:
If you're going somewhere like Majorca you can easily buy it there....why lug heavy bottles in your cases?

I always find the water there is so hard and chlorinated that there's no point using anything posh, as you can't smell it anyway! Might as well use the local stuff.

BTW I use Boots "Swim" shampoo and conditioner.
L'Oreal kids swim shampoo is good and can be used daily.
I use it on my grandaughters hair, which is very long and
very very thick, and it takes away the smell of the chlorine
and is also good on adults too as I use it :D

Sh don't tell her :lol:
Do you all pack your shampoo into your suitcase or hand luggage? I always seem to end up carrying a really heavy bag onto the plane as I've filled it with all my toiletries rather than putting them into my suitcase as I'm worried about them leaking - any tips??
I pack my toiletries in with my hold luggage and try and take as little as possible as "carry-on". Leakage can be a problem, but my toiletries tend to be in a bag of their own in the suitcase. Inside a small, water proof plastic carrier bag perhaps?
Yeah i agree, i have always packed my toiletries in my suitcase .

With bottles that can leak like shampoo and conditioner for example i put them in plastic carry bags first and then into my suitcase, saves lots of room and weight on your carry on bag ..... i hate having sore sholders after walking forever to the departure gate ! :cry:
I also like my hands free for aiport shopping :rofl
Don't like to be weighed-down
Excellent, I'm going to pack everything in my suitcase inside waterproof bags. At least my legs will be the only thing aching by the time I get to the gate now!!!

Karen
I always take a bottle of shampoo and conditoner for myself and a bottle of each for the rest of the family to share. I always use the same shampoo and conditioner have done for years, it's Goldwell, I can only get it from my hairdressers or the web, I don't let Hubby or the kid's get hold of it, it's far too good for them :lol: I also take a sun screen for my hair as it's coloured it needs protecting.

I've got one of those small hard suitcases with the pull handle, I pack all my toiletries together in there along with my electrics. The toiletries are always wrapped incase they leak and we always take a roll of scellotape with us to tape them up for the return journey. The hard case gives them better protection.

Shell :D
There was one year when I forgot to pack all the toiletries :shock:
I'm never allowed to forget the fact! :roll:

We went to the supermarket and bought it there!
Did cost a bit more and might not be ble to get your own brand, but we managed.

This year took a small bottle of my shampoo and the kids 2in1.
I binned most of the toiletries before we left!
We usually take 1bottle of shampoo & conditioner and I take a deep conditioner for myself also, We also leave the toiletries behind after the holiday :)

gail................
hi dee:

lol sorry about the delay. 2 weeks today :)
I pack all my toiletries in my suitcase -
Anything that might leak (shampoo, conditioner, shower gels, even suntan lotions) I pack in those sandwich bags with the seal along the top. They are great.

Elaine
On 19th May 2005 at 11:41am, kianic said:
A silly question, but how much shampoo and conditioner do you take for a 2 week holiday? I usually end up taking too much, as i like to take a variety of brands as not keen on using the same stuff for the whole 2 weeks.
I check what climate will be, then I know how I need to take with me. About 1 bottle shampoo and 1 bottle conditioner. I use T-LAB professional, you can check gifts and sets https://tlabprofessional.com/product-category/gifts-and-sets/ , perfectly to holidays.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.