General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Try the one from Lush superb and very light equalls the size of 3 bottles.
i get greasy hair quite easily im not sure if lush would be too rich?
I don't take shampoo or conditioner with me, I just buy it when I get there. I don't use anything special for the sun as I usually have a hat on during the day
I take my usual stuff plus a Boots no 7 glossy locks spray. You spray it on when you come out of the water & run a comb through. It helps combat th sun, salt water & chlorine.
I take MOPS and Philip Kinglsey hair products i.e. usual brand
I take my own 'cos I'm allergic to sodium lauryl sulphate and parebens and most shampoos contain them. Mind you, when we're over in Turkey, I buy pure olive oil soap and use that as well - the real stuff made in the villages is natural and does my hair good, it's great for sensitive scalps.

Jak xx
Depends. If we are in an hotel then I use whatever they put in the bathroom. If we are self catering take all the small bottles we nicked last time we were in an hotel ;) If I don't have enough of those then I take a bottle of Tesco cheap and cheerful and leave behind whatever I don't use rather than carry back 7p worth of shampoo!
Asda Smartprice/Tesco Value etc and leave it behind! Shampoo is shampoo, and cheap conditioner is good to leave in your hair during the day in the sun and wash out in the evening.
I take Smartprice/Value shower gel, toothpaste, toothbrushes etc, and leave them behind too :wink:
Lush shampoo bars come in different varieties and are suitable for different hair types. I have very thick, long frizzy hair and I've found it fine. Their conditioners are OK, but I prefer to bring 30ml of my normal conditioner in a spray bottle then fill with water when I get to the hotel, this acts as a leave in, only a bit needed and the 30ml lasts the 2 weeks.
I've discovered Molton Brown as well :)
dramaqueen wrote:

I've discovered Molton Brown as well :)

Mmmmmmm Molton Brown
Molton Brown do 30ml travel sets in their outlet store (I know Cheshire Oakes have them, not sure about any others), it's £10 for 8 various bottles including shower gells, shampoos, conditioners etc... one set of 8 bottles lasted me the 2 weeks on holiday last year, a tiny amount is all thats needed, so it does last and it's sooooo nice! :)
Yes I used to buy it on QVC but they have stopped selling Molton Brown now - my local House of Fraser stock it - love the body lotion too Yuan Zhi I am totally in love with
If there's an outlet centre near you, give it a go :)
I know John Lewis have a good range too.
Although Naran-Jii is my favourite :)
I use the Yuan zhi body lotion and love love love it - when I pop to the town and go to House of Fraser HAVE to walk past the Molton Brown bit the fragrance - simply to die for :rofl
cyberspacekadette wrote:
Asda Smartprice/Tesco Value etc and leave it behind! Shampoo is shampoo, and cheap conditioner is good to leave in your hair during the day in the sun and wash out in the evening.
I take Smartprice/Value shower gel, toothpaste, toothbrushes etc, and leave them behind too :wink:

This year we were given some disposable toothbrushes and a small tube of paste by the local health authority who were trying to sign up people to dentists! They are ideal for our hols and won't be coming home at the end. This morning I looked at my deodorant stick and estimate there is about a week's worth left so that has been packed and won't be coming home either.
I normally get whichever shampoo is bogof in superdrug. For my next hol (2nd May) i'm taking Herbal Essences.
I usually end up taking John Frieda collection liquid shine shampoo or any other of the vast array precariously balanced around the edge of the bath, along with Body shop bilberry leave in detangler lightweight conditioner , not forgetting the remington hair straightners with either tresemme heat defence styling spray or the trevor sorbie straightening addict, along with an assortment of brushes and combs. this is just for the missus , i take lemon juice for my hair to enhance my highlights to keep that george michael look circa 1983. we don't have room for many clothes , but our hair looks great!
andy66 wrote:
I usually end up taking John Frieda collection liquid shine shampoo or any other of the vast array precariously balanced around the edge of the bath, along with Body shop bilberry leave in detangler lightweight conditioner , not forgetting the remington hair straightners with either tresemme heat defence styling spray or the trevor sorbie straightening addict, along with an assortment of brushes and combs. this is just for the missus , i take lemon juice for my hair to enhance my highlights to keep that george michael look circa 1983. we don't have room for many clothes , but our hair looks great!

I think I'd rather be bald than cart all that stuff round the world ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.