General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Andy 66

That made me laugh that's exactly what my OH says about me :rofl

Joyce
I love Charles Worthington Takeaways for my hols. And they do a range (shampoo, conditioner, protection spray) with sun protection. I've also recently discovered Aussie Miracle Hair Insurance leave in conditioner. You only need a little so it lasts ages.
I normally buy whatevers of on special offer on the other side after security to ease up on baggage allowance, having three girls alot is needed, it all gets abandoned before the journey home. Only stuff i pack is my ghd`s and a mark hill sun protection serum, smells all holiday like.
Can anyone recommend any hair products, shampoos and conditioners that are not too large in size and stop hair drying out and going frizzy from the sun. I also have long blonde highlighted hair which easilly dries out in the sun. Any recommendations for products that provide moisture and sun protection would be great. Thanks.
have you tried any lush products they have shampoo bars for all hair kinds and don't take up much room i am trying a few different ones at the moment so i am new to them as well, xphx
Can anyone recommend any hair products, shampoos and conditioners that are not too large in size and stop hair drying out and going frizzy from the sun

I've found over the years that you get what you pay for with sun type haircare products, my best 3 brands and products for exactly your type of hair (same as mine :) ) in order are:

KERASTASE BAIN APRES SOLEIL & KERASTASE MASQUE UV DEFENSE ACTIVE

REDKEN COLOUR EXTEND SUN - AFTER SUN SHAMPOO & AFTER SUN MASK

L'OREAL PROFESSIONNEL SERIE EXPERT SOLAR SUBLIME AFTER SUN PROTECT SHAMPOO (250ML) & CONDITIONER

They're not cheap but as a holiday treat they're more than worth it.
Cheap hair stuff is as good if not better....and I mean CHEAP.

I have curly/wavy hair that is often frizzy/dry/greasy at the same time.

I use Boots Essentials shampoo (55p), a pea sized amount mixed with a handful of cheap conditioner (I like ASDAs) and really massage that in. For my ends, I use a Garnier Conditioner.

Styling products are all boots essentials or garnier, my most expensive hair product is still under £2....these work better than the hairdresser salon brands I used to use.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.