General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I don't tend to bother kianic :mrgreen:

http://www.castandcatch.com/daysout/rhyl1/r25.jpg

Regards,

TIMUK.
Have started taking half empty bottles with me save's leaving the remainder behind to be wasted as I never bring any products like that back.
I take a large bottle of each, plus a small bottle of a good intensive conditioner.

I spend alot of time in the sea/pool when on holiday so wash my hair morning and evening.
hey Tim is that a pic of you or barry fry? ;)
Last year I took half-empty bottles of my usual stuff and binned them before I came home. This year I've been buying little sachets of differents brands/types. They have all sorts of different ones in Boots, Superdrug and in supermarkets. They weigh less than bottles and you can try all different ones. I've been buying one a week with my usual shopping (have to buy for long-haired daughter too) - only 10 weeks to go now :D
I bought sachets last year of Pantene 2in1 - trying to think where I got them from but each sachet was enough for 1 wash - think I took 20 for 2 week holiday just in case I needed to wach my hair more than once a day!
Yes, satchets are good. You can get 'travel' sizes too.
I take 3 bottles of shampoo and 2 bottles of conditioner for a 2 week holiday, but only because my hair is very long (When it isn't curly, I can sit on it) thick and blonde (chlorine turns it green!) So naturally, I keep John Freda in business. Also, there are a lot of cubans who also have curly hair, so I just give them what's left when I'm going home. (When I go to cuba, that is!) They really appreciate it, as they can't get it over there. My mum takes one bottle of shampoo and conditioner 2 in 1 which lasts her the 2 weeks.
I take 1 bottle of '2 in 1 ' and an extra bottle of conditioner ( having really long tight curly hair ...u can imagine the frizz ! ) :oops:

My hair does always seem to be an issue on holiday, espicaially when lougning around the pool my hair keeps getting wet then dry from the sun , the frizz is really bad ! might just get it braided ...save me time and the frustration of keeping my curls tame ! :?
I take 2 bottles of shampoo,my boyfriend uses twice as much as me even though he has a lot less hair :roll: If I have any left I leave it behind
:lol:

Why do men always seem to use tons of the stuff when they have much less hair then us ladies !

I always leave any half used products behind ....give them to the maids they always really appriciate it , espicially in third world countries. :)
Me I just use the shampoo and conditioner that is provided in the hotel room...less stuff to lug around
I wish i was that relaxed about things !

I always panic about everything to do with going on holiday .
This is something I have not really thought about butI usually use shampoo and a seperate conditioner. Is the 2 in 1 any good? Perhaps just to use for holiday time.... would certainly save on taking two bottles. Maybe with a couple of sachets of intense to help out.. What do you all think
It depends on the condition of your hair.

Mine's quite dry and prone to becoming frizzy if not conditioned with a good conditioner, a 2in1 would be no good for me, especially not on holiday with the chlorine, sea water and sun.
Same here:

I have a large toiletry bag, in it, I have:

1 large bottle of foam bath
3 showergels
1 bottle of blonde shampoo
1 bottle of frizz-eze
1 bottle of pantene curly
1 bottle of dove intensive shampoo
1 leave in conditioner
1 l'oreal kids conditioner
1 intensive conditioner sachet
shower puff
soap
mouthwash
toothbrushes
toothpaste
flannel
spot-fighting (nutragina 2 in 1)
bristel brush
detangeling comb
Vent brush
Cushion brush

I doubt the hotel would have all them! That is between my mum and I. We're also taking 1 Dolce & Gabbana red perfume, 1 burberry weekend perfume, 1 chanelle No5, 1 Jlo Glow, and 1 Elizabeth Taylor White Diamond.

And, all of this is going in my brother's case, as we have both ran out of luggage allowance :D (My brother uses loads of conditioner, eventhough his hair is 5mm long) and loads of volumising shampoo. (Which makes his hair look even thinner, as it's so weighed down)

Also, Pippy, if I use 2 in 1, I have to use conditioner as well. I also can't heat treat my hair. :(
I use John Freda and/or Pantene Smooth and Sleek both at home and on holiday, couldn't be without my usual conditioner or my intensive conditioner!
lol, same here, have you tried dove though? It's brilliant if you have dry hair.
I have, and it was a disaster on my hair, made it about 10ft wide, 5ft tall, with the texture of a nice new brillo pad :omg :omg :omg :lol:

I think it's one of the products designed to add body perhaps??

Just what I don't want! :D
The other two products generally give me nice smooth, flat hair, just the way I like it :D :D

The Pantene S&S mousse and spray are good too.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.