Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
As I said in my previous post (over two years ago) you should contact the Embassy of the particular country you intend visiting for advice - my personal thoughts are that you should carry it in your hand luggage together with a copy of your prescrition - it might also be advisable for some countries to also carry a note from your doctor.

Putting what is a banned drug in your checked hold luggage could be interpreted as smuggling. Just because someone says they never had a problem does not mean you won't.

The same applies coming back into the UK. Certain drugs are specifically only available on prescrition - go into a pharmacy in some country and deciding to stock up is not a good idea - you could have the same problem coming back into the UK and, just as with other countries the authorities are not very understanding.
  • Edited by fwh 2021-03-28 15:36:24
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.