UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
You may have to book well in advance (esp. for a large group)
Very popular and not cheap.

Last time I was there (couple of years ago) it was excellent.

Favoured by the occasional celebrity as well when in town. :wink:
aaaah yes unforgetable! Was there two years ago and the setting with the candles and the food and atmosphere have yet to be surpassed. Food very nice and tasty (had chicken that makes chicken since seem an insult!). Pricey but special. Would love to have chance to return! :P
You need a deep pooch
I've got a "significant" birthday the week after next and my husband is taking me to the Witchery for a meal. :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper
I've heard it's very good. Can anyone tell me what sort of food they do? Any recommendations?

Ta
Bridd
Gets a good write up in The Good Food Guide the 2005 edition rates it at 4 prices range from £26/£85 per person Modern food if that makes any sense Never been but it is said to be an experience

Enjoy
A 3 course meal with a bottle of wine came to £150 for us (2) , so not too bad.

Food was great, we sat in the Secret Garden part of the restaurant.
I didnt know there was more than one part of the Witchery - don't know what bit we're in.
Will report back next week.

Bridd
Food here is FANTASTIC! :D
Hard to describe the type of food - reminded me of the type of menu you find in a good 4/5 star hotel. http://www.thewitchery.com has pictures of the restaurant (charming) and accommodation (v romantic looking), menus and guest book (for celeb spotting!).
Food is more quality than quantity, so don't expect huge portions. I found this a plus though as i rarely manage 3 courses and the menu here is so tempting it has to be done!
Wow! What a place. Just back from my birthday lunch. (Happy birthday to me!) I was so impressed. We ate in the Secret Garden and it was lovely. The food was superb and the service also very good. Defo going back for dinner.

If anyones coming to Edinburgh you must try it.

X
Bridd
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.