Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
We were meant to fly Air Jamaica in Feb and are now via Madrid causing a longer flight and hanging around in Madrid. Virgin Holidays have used the argument that Air Jamaica have stopped flying the route and there is nothing they can do.

I dont think they will give compensation for an extra 3 hours, a pain I know but dont let it stress out the holiday it isnt worth it.

Kind Regards
Stewart
Stewart, must admit I'm seriously considering changing my holiday to St Lucia. Our jamaican hotel is still closed (sunset Grande) so that's still in the air and I've read terrible stories re Air Jamaica. I need a holiday to get over this stress.
Suggest you bring a bit of local currency or some US$ to spend in the transit lounge - treat yourself to a local beer or other drink to start the holiday off early, and maybe the chance to buy some interesting magazines! It's a real pain - I had this in Nassau, en route for Cuba - but at least I was able to say that I'd been to another country ... one that I could not afford to visit by my own means!
thanks, I think you're right. It is a real pain but maybe with a bit of light refreshment, ie alcohol it wont be too bad, just the kids will be knackered as by the time we eventually get to the resort it will be 5.00am in the morning to us!
We too have had our April Air Jamaca flight cancelled and the alternative was unacceptable. We had booked through Leeds Co-op travel who originaly set up our booking, when the flight was cancelled we found out that the Co-op had not linked our internal flights and our holiday, so we as it stands at the moment have lost £160 of internal flights we can no longer use.

We booked the holiday on the understanding that if the wedding dates changed then we could transfer all parts of the holiday with no cost to us.

We have been so disapointed with the attitude of the staff and have now cancelled the holiday altogether and booked through another travel agent.

We have expeienced so much grief over this and am still not happy that we are having to stand the cost of the internal flights as it was the Co-op who messed up not us.

We have complained but not had any response other than its our problem.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.