Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
Unpacking, pitching then packing up again is alot of hassle just for an overnight. leave the kit in the cars and sleep in real beds in a Formle 1 hotel. each room sleeps 3 and costs less than £20 per night. (a bit extra if you want breakfast) then you can be away on the road early.
Would also agree re unpacking etc. Can recommend Premiere Classe Hotels. Rooms sleep 3, some hotels do have 4 bedded rooms and all have shower wash basin and toilet. Approx 43 euros including breakfast for 2 people in August. We have travelled to Perpignan for the last 3 years and have stopped in Bourges and Vierzon. Would recommend booking as travelling in August as they do get booked up. Have a great holiday.
Again i agree. we always stop over when we go to the south of france and just turn up at the hotel and we have always got two rooms. They are clean, simple and cheap. Get a good nights sleep ready for the rest of the trip the next day instead of putting up all your equipment and taking down again. Etap hotels are where we usually stay.
We go to Canet Plage as our first stop this year (last year it was Toulon)

there are two of us driving and we have a quite early crossing via the tunnel and we have worked out that by driving in two hour shifts we can be at the Site in Canet by about 8pm zulu
BTW we take our own caravan and use Camping Cheques You NEVER need to book a site once the end of August arrives

Oh Yess thats about 10 hours driving and 15 minutes stops every two hours and an hour lunch stop standard Autoroute speeds of 80 mph (130kmh)
and YES with the van on the back too

Regards
From
Gray
The Madcaravanner from Chesterfield
http://www.madcaravanner.co.uk
You don't have to be mad but it helps
I thoroughly agree with the views expressed above about the use of Formule1 and Etap hotels, but would strongly advise you to book ahead for these to make sure that your overnight stop is booked whatever time you arrive.
yes I agree,stop off at a Formule1 or Campanile.
We've travelled to that area for the past two years, using etap hotels for our stop overs. They've been perfect.

One point not mentioned, DO NOT trust the maps on the leaflets/booklets you get. RUBBISH they are.

Good luck.

:wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.