Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
:) Briarskeg,
Thanks for your quick reply.
I wasn't expecting anyone to get back to me so quick with regards to camping in France, but i'm trying to get it planned because the dates we have booked the ferry for are in the middle of the childrens school holidays and i'm not sure how quick the sites will get booked up. :hmmm
My hubby and I normal avoid the childrens holidays having no children ourselves.
Many thanks
Jayne. :)
:) Hi Briarskeg
I have been looking on the net and i have come across 3 campsites and i wondered if you or anyone else knew anything or had any experience of them, i would be grateful for any information anyone can give me. :?
the sites are:
Camping Le Brevedent near Pont L'Eveque, Normandy.
Camping Le Cormoran near Sainte-Mère-Eglise, Normandy.
Camping domaine catiniere near Fiquefleur Equainville, Normandy.
I know there not exactly small, but i've chosen these for a 7 day stop in the middle of a 16 day break in August and they do appear to have lots of things for the children to do, which should mean that us adults could enjoy some wine tasting :wink: :tup .
hope someone out there can shed some light on these sites
heres hoping
jayne :thanks :wave
Hi Jayne,
Last year my family and I stayed at Camping Le Brevedent for a 2 night stop over in August. Although we were not there that long the campsite certainly meets all your criteria, it has that small campsite feel with all the facilities of much larger sites. It has a very rural location situated in the countryside within walking distance of a small sleepy village called Blangy, about 5 Miles from Pont L'Eveque. Our three Children (14,11,5) enjoyed the 2 onsite Pools (both outdoor, one decent size and one kiddies splash pool- no lifeguard whilst were there) and the small park.
There is also a small lake onsite with a good stock of Carp, if you like fishing (free!) or you can make use of the camp canoe for a paddle .
Although we never payed a visit there was a quite spacious and comfortable Bar area that also served meals in the evening.
We booked onto this site through Eurocamp, if you visit their Website you can see the full range of facilities. One tip we picked up whilst we were there was that the small onsite shop was quite pricy Cheaper Supermarkets can be found in Pont-l'Eveque (Inter-marche) and a large variety of shops in Lisieux.
The camp is ideally situated for Ferry Ports and is only a short drive from the fantastic beaches around Deauville.
Hope this helps!
Lee
:D Hi Lee_s,
Thank you very much for the information regarding Le Brevedent, it is very informative :thanks.
I liked the look of the site when i saw it on the net, but it is good to have information from someone who has actually been there.
It is definitely on my short list.
once again a great big :thanks
jayne
There are a lot of reports on campistes in this region they are on two or three websites that deal with Caravanning and can all be found by accessing http://www.clicreports.co.uk Ian has a very wide range of personal reports from fellow campers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.