EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
DVD PLAYERS
13 Posts
Exactly the same, Stephen. Just connect with a scart as usual. You'll need an adaptor for the plug of course.
As for the video, you can connect it to the TV with a scart lead and you can use it to play pre-recorded tapes, but you will not be able to record broadcast programs (including piped channels in a community), unless your video tuner allows you to select PAL B/G rather than the UK PAL I which I think will be unlikely unless it's a high spec machine.

You can also connect a UK DVD or Video player to a Spanish TV with a coax cable as long as the tuning system in the TV alows you to select PAL I. Most other than basic models seem to offer that.

Cliff
most DVD players can be re-coded to play any format dvd and also output pal1/palb/g & others not sure on vidio players but as most manufactures sell models world wide i think it would be possible

brian
Hi Brian, sorry for my ignorance on this matter but does that mean that some dvd wont play in some dvd players automaticly like dvd's bought in the uk wont work in a dvd player bought in Spain.
Stephen
yes steve if your dvd is say set for region 2 it wont play region 4 unless you unlock it not all can be unlocked but most can.. for further info and unlock codes go to
http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?s=3&p=all

and have fun

brian
But all of Europe is Region 2, so UK disks work fine in Spanish players and vice-versa. Most disks sold in Spain have an English Digital 5.1 soundtrack as well as the Spanish, assuming the film was in English in the first place of course.

Cliff
stephen01

I bought a very cheap Spanish DVD played over here for €49 and it plays English DVD's 100% ok and with full 5.1 sound if it is on the DVD.

As was stated in and early post you cannot record a Spanish program onto and English Video recorder because the sound is broardcast on a different frequency to that in the UK, you will get a great picture but no shound. You will still be able to play all you Videos that you recorder or bought in the UK through your Spanish TV.

Another thing that might be of interest to anybody who spends a lot of time over here is that you can by what is called a DUAL TV here, by this I mean that if you are watching Spanish TV and there is an English film showing, which of course will be dubbed in Spanish, at the press of a button you can listern to the English sound track just like as if you were sitting in the UK.
Thank's guy's, the reason I was asking was I had bought a load of dvd's in uk to put in my place in Spain when ready but was not sure if I would have to buy dvd player in uk to but that's good to know that I dont as it saves' me transporting it over. Dose anyone know are the prices much the same for tv's, dvd players and electrical thing's like that or are they more expensive.
Stephen.
As I said in my last post I bought a very good DVD player for €49 and not had any problems with it. With regard to TV's I bought a Toshiba 32" dual in Spain and it cost me £750 which I think it a little more expensive than the UK.

The best thing to do is shop around my local Intermarche and Champion stores have some quite good deals on electrical good but you have to be there at the right time. In general the price is about the same as the UK, but as I say you need to look around.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.