Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Jayne :yikes Work 5 hours after you got back! How on earth did you manage??
  • Edited by Fiona 2006-01-25 06:30:18
Hi Jayne

Glad you had a good time; I don't know HOW on earth you made it to work though??? :?
Did you find everything ok at the Phoenix?
I know it is a pain to get a sunbed around the pool it was the same for us last year. Although we spend our time on the beach it is nice to jump in that pool at the end of the day if there is a bed to lie on!!

Was breakfast time still chaotic and are they still doing nothing but "those eggs"? :D
Hi annmon,
The breakfasts were good, yes there were the usual eggs, boiled, scrambled, fried or various omlettes, but there was also an Indian dish or two, fresh fruit, cereals, hashbrowns, fruit juice, tea, coffee and other items which varied daily such as spicy sausage, mushrooms, ham, salmi etc.
They served breakfast from 7am until 10am but it did get busy about 8.30 - 9am and people chose to stand and wait for there eggs to be cooked rather than just order and then go and collect when they were done, this caused a queue at the end of the buffet table making it diffecult to get round or get a drink.
The only other nark i had about our stay, which wasn't the hotels fault, was during our second week some people arrived that were particularly noisy when coming in; now I know that when Steve and me are in Goa, because we totally relax, we do tend to be in bed not really later than 11pm, so we fully expect to hear people coming and going until about 1am(ish),ing, we ourselves dont go to bed but relax with a kingfisher, gin & tonic or simular; but there were doors banging and being slammed shut right up to approx 4.30am and that was people coming in and not being particularly quiet, in fact one night i was able to follow the conversation of a group of people coming up the path and into their rooms. :?
Still that doesn't mean that they will be there when you go, hope this helps.
When you go could you give Vinny the lad on the first stall down the lane our love(Jayne & Steve) tell him i hope to see him in April if i can arrange a cheap flight, if not it will be for new year.

Jayne
Hi Jayne

Thanks for the info.

4.30am! :yikes
Where do they go until that time, must be the clubs in Baga?

We are partial to a few drinks ourselves but 1.30am is our "stop out" record!
Each to their own I suppose, but very inconsiderate making a row at that time of the morning.

Will pass on your love to Vinny.

Ann
:wave
Hi Whiskas,

Thanks for that info - I think I will leave my white linen trousers at home in that case.

We're going 4 weeks tomorrow - not that i'm counting!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.