Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Click Here for our reviews if you haven't already read them.

If you are at all worried about your choice of accommodation then go back to your Travel Agent and ask her to find out if there's any other accommodation available. You have your flights so you just need accommodation.

There will be an amendment fee to pay but I think this will be well worth it rather than you worrying.
We're off to the Mira Mola on 27th May for a week.
We know that the hotel will be basic but we'll only be there to sleep!

I gaurantee you'll love Figuretas!

The little cove beaches are great and the sea is so clean and calm! It's great to walk on the rocks and right down from the Mira Mola is what I call the Lizzard run! It's a wall that runs along side the beach/sea and if you look in the creveses of the wall you see Lizzards popping their heads out and you also get some baking in the sun!

Playa D'en Bossa is a stones throw away and has plenty of shops/bars/restaurants!

If you like to sit around the pool then you may find it a bit cramped at the Mira Mola but if you like the beach then theres no problem!

Anymore info just ask!

Chivas
i stayed there last september, if you have a email address i can send you some very distrbing photo's of the pool area that was a great health and safty issue, but the resort itself is great and the people, love the resort hated the hotel, i'd rather stay in a beach tent than stay there again :(

go get it changed

you have email regarding mira mola with pickys
Hi,
We have stayed in Figuretes twice now and both times had a great time with no problems at all to report. The staff at both the Lido and Rialto (now private appartments) were excellent and very helpful, especially when the ceiling fan broke in the Rialto on our last week and they fixed it within an hour of reporting it was faulty.

I guess its some of the horror stories that we read about in the press that tend to put the wind up us, as I was told twice before we went to Figuretes that it was a red light district and there were a lot of problems with street walkers and drugs, and that there were a lot of gay men having sex in public, none of which I am happy to report we encountered.

Some of the rumours tend to come from the fact that there is a strip bar in the town, but you shouldnt have to much of a problem, even with smaller children.

As for broken glass! The main area to avoid is up at the far end of the beach of Figuretes, just down from were all the restaurants are on the promanade. There is a rock jetty that juts out into the sea and this tends to have a great deal of broken glass lying around on both the jetty and in the water near it, so please be careful.

Other than that the beach is one of the nicest on the island, very clean and swept every day during peak season, and it is very shallow so is ideal for smaller kids and toddlers.

Hope this helps, if you need any more advice please let me know or check out my website as I have reviews of the area there.

Marc
Hi mitchellclr

I cannot give you any information about the hotel and resort you are going to , however like you I read some terrible reports last year about the resort we had booked. I decided not to take a chance and changed the holiday, it was really easy. One phone call to tour operator . As long as we kept the same flight details it cost us £15 per person to change hotel and/or resort. If we wanted to change the flight details it would have cost £60 each, this was with Eclipse. I would imagine this cost would be similar with most of the other tour company's.

Hope this is of some help , good luck :D
people don't get this thread wrong, the resort is great, the beaches are really kiddy freindly (no Glass) it was the Mira Mola that had the problem, persanally i would re-visit that area but in another complex, as far as storys of gays having nokies and druggies i saw none of this happening and i was out till around 3am nearly every night comming back from the "3 Monkeys" bar (its a must)

but i was told by several locals the the mira mola was going into tme share aprtments and this was the last season for thompsons
Littlelegs, I sent you a PM with my email address in it for those pool pics,
Cheers
Chivas
Hiya every1... thanx to those of you that took time to send a message back... my brother and his partner have decided to join us, as it is a cheap hol... so im sure we will all be able to make our own fun..... :lol: ! as every1 has said, the resort is very good, so we are gonna try it out, but think i will still be on my gaurd :shock: , im not into lazing by the pool, as much as spending the days on the beach 8) .... :arrow: so six weeks today we wil be flying out! :P
How long are you there for?
Hi mitchellclr and welcome to HT!

Please do not post in phone text style, eg every1 instead of everyone, as some of our visually impaired members use screen readers which do not recognise this type of text. Thanks.

luci :wave
hiya chivas... we are just stayin for seven days... why do you ask?
lucy ht mod.... oops sorry.. force oh habit i guess! :oops:
Cus if you were there for longer I was gonna say hello! :)
We arrive on the 27th which I presume is the day you leave to come home!
yes that is the day we go home... its an evening flight... what a shame!
did you get them pool pix from little legs? looks frightening doesnt it?
Chivas69 pixys now sent, sorry abou the delay
thanks for the pics Littlelegs,
I can't believe it wasn't fenced off!!!

When were they taken as there doesn't seem to be many around the pool!

Cheers
Chivas
not to sure at what time of the day these photo's was taken, the only reason there is not a lot of people around the pool is that when we was there the pool water was horrid, as you can see from the photo's you can not see the pool bottom due to the murky water, god forbid if a child fell in you wouln't notice a thing, most people used other hotels nearby or the beach 5 minutes away,

just to let you know if you a eating or drinking around the pool area and you didn't buy it from the bar, you get told off and stop using whatever your eating or drinking even ice creams or water for the kids :(
so do you recomend any bigger pools close by where they let you use them even though you are not staying at their hotel? Or did you just pretend you were staying at their hotel?
I think we'll spend most of our time on the beach as I know that to be quite nice! If I remember the sand is quite shingly in Figuretas but Playa D'en Bossa beach is nice sand!
We are getting a two bedroom room, do you know where these are situated in the hotel? I've read a few reviews and it sounds like they are on the end of the hotel and have two balconys, one overlooking the pool and one overlooking the sea? This would be nice!
Cheers
Chivas
i hope that is true of the two bedroom appartments, as that is what i have booked, it will be great to have views of the beach and pool! :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.