Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Decent lager!!
21 Posts
Personally I enjoy Keo but if you rather brands then they brew Carlsberg over there and thats the local price of around £1.60cy. They do do name brands but I don't drink them so can't help with that bit i'm afraid.
:roll: Are you stopping In Protaras lynnlidle?

Theres a Bar opposite the Andreotis Apts called the Cinnamon Bar........ when we went two years ago they had Strongbow on draught......... I hope they still have........ :wink: :lol:
its all a matter of taste not being a light beer drinker at home ( the other half and i are into proper beer real ale) i find the Keo an acceptable drink, i find the Leon insipid and the carlsberg to me taste like sugar water, I know a few ex pats swear by the carlsberg so sorry lads..

wizard
There are more local brews turning up now, in Pafos we have a bar called ''Monroe's'' who brew there own beer and larger, I drink the local Carlsberg this outsells all local beers including the fave of tourist Keo, even the locals are changing over now...Keo has changed over the years, still a good euro fizz but I do miss draught Pedigree bitter...one of the downsides of living on Cyprus.. :roll:
Hi all
I like to drink the local drink Keo. I will however have some of our home brands which tend to be dearer.
As a lady, I love the "real ale" like Pedigree etc. and I don't mind holding a pint glass in my hand.
Though one or two look gone out at you. Saves going to the bar twice!

I bet you used liked to drink in "The Cottage" Jim!!!!!!!! We haven't been there for years.
:glynis
Regards
Dawn
I did Dawn, but a distant memory now, not been back for five years..may have a trip back later in the year for old time sake or to see what I am missing.. 8)
Keo was fine last time I went (Four years ago). Hope its still nice this year - though I dont mind Carlsberg either really.

More a Guinness man myself, but I gather this will cost a princely sum over in Cyprus?!
Decent lager.

That's an oxymoron if ever there was one!!

Tonight, I are mostly bin drinkin' Old Hooky from the Hook Norton brewery.

Mark
as i have been to paphos a couple of times i have never found tenants
lager being a scotsman anything else is just water !! does anyone know of any bar in paphos selling tenants lager, thank you in advance!! griff :wink:
Ive found certain places that the fact that it says keo on the pup doesnt always mean keo in the glass , they tend to swap and change the keo and carlesburg depending on which they have in stock i prefer keo in the pint bottles myself
Lynn,

I think from other posts you are staying in the Isaac. we were there a couple of weeks ago, they sell both Keo and eon on draught £1.50 a pint. The keo was lovely in there and 3 of us drank it all the time, my mates hubby had a leon for a change one day and never went back on the keo, matter of personal preference I guess.

Max
Max wrote:
my mates hubby had a leon for a change one day and never went back on the keo
A man after my own heart!

Mark
I had two bottles of Leon last night that were bought me, just to confirm I still think it is disgusting beer and even free it was hard to drink!! :D

Your more than welcome to my share!!
YOU COULD HAVE PUT THEM TO ONE SIDE UNTIL SEPTEMBER!!
Sorry to shout. :lol: I hate beer going to waste.

Mark
It did not go to waste Mark, not that disgusting, beer is beer... :D
I always take a shine (at first) to any local beer if its Spain (san miguel, damm) Greece (Amstell, may be wrong) Turkey (efes) & even keo. However, by day 9 or 10 i get sick of drinking the stuff. My drinking taste buds are limited as i hate spirits so the remaining 4 or 5 days i find myself mixing blackcurrant to keep my mouth alive.
I'm with Jimbox, I drink whatever is available.. the local beer is fine.. its wet, cold and makes yer head all fuzzy... thats ticking the right boxes for me... :lol:
Askcy hi...where have you been! :!:
just got back from paphos and drank keo for 99% of the time had a couple of leons when keo was not available but did not like it at all
cyprus is the only place i have been and drank the local beer
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.