Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
it took 3 days for mine to get to the UK

the cost was sooooo little I didn't think about it I think about Rs5 for the cards and Rs20 for the stamp

they stick the stamps on with a little pot of glue :lol:

lez
Thanks Lezlie.

That's good news.

MKGuy
On our first visit to Goa in 2001 our tour operator said that if we handed the completed postcards to the hotel reception staff they would post them for us (we had already stamped them).

We are still waiting for them to arrive!

We haven't bothered since.
Incredible for India Leslie!

Please tell us how you do it?

I used to go to the post office in Margao and they took 4weeks and longer, if they arrived at all!
So now i write them on holiday and put them in the post when i get home.
I must have got lucky

I posted mine from the Elephant shop.

lez
Hi after years of cards either arriving months after our return or not at all I now take a supply of UK stamps and ask someone who is returning to post them for us - Boring but effective
cheers Lyn
Hi after years of cards either arriving months after our return or not at all I now take a supply of UK stamps and ask someone who is returning to post them for us - Boring but effective
cheers Lyn

Thats made me laugh, every year we get people asking us to post their postcards for them when we return to manchester :)
We never bother with postcards anymore because of the technology thats out at the minute, but i still do like to send postcards, theres just something about them.
Just back on Sunday from our first visit and the cards posted to U.K. and Australia got there before us We have never had a problem, the secret is stick the stamps on with glue and never let the rep or the hotel post them for you Alan
Hello Gramps

I hope you had a good holiday.
Just back on Sunday from our first visit and the cards posted to U.K. and Australia got there before us We have never had a problem, the secret is stick the stamps on with glue and never let the rep or the hotel post them for you

Where did you post your cards and what price stamps should I buy?

Regards
MKGuy

24days, 21hours to go!
Always get the stamps where you buy the cards. On the main road just along from Daytripper office in Calangute among a big group of shops round the Kamet Hotel there are loads of small shops, I always use one called Claires Money Exchange. When I buy the cards, Cruse, the owner sticks on the appropriate stamps with a little bottle of glue he keeps for the purpose!! Directly outside his shop is the letter can, yes I do mean can, wired to a pole, with the times of uplifting roughly painted on it. If Cruse had'nt pointed it out I'd never have noticed it And after using it for years the cards all seem to get back to the u.k. or wherever far quicker than the likes of from the Med. in summer Alan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.