Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
Went to Prague a few years ago 9 of us from Scotland, England, Wales, we all stayed at the Ariston Hotel. Really nice place and not far from the town.

We are going back this year in June for a wedding, staying at same Hotel.

I got flights from Stansted (as i need to fly from Glasgow to Stansted ( Flyglobespan will not be doing them after March from Glasgow)then onto Prague but Gatwick & Luton also have flights that go.

cheaper to go from Gatwick but the glasgow flights to Gatwick are no good, it works out better from Stansted
Hi,
We're hoping to got to Prague sometime in April, and are looking foor hotel recommendations. We'd like to be as close to the centre as budget allows. We have around £50 per room per night.
Many thanks,

Wayne
Thinking of going to prague this nov and staying in meteor plaza. Any information would be a help been to neither. :think
Off to Prague in a couple of weeks time with a friend. We'd like to do a few of the sites and eat, drink and be merry. Any thoughts on how much cash we'll need per person per day?

Much appreciated, Deb
That's great - thank for the help and the quick response, much appreciated :)
We are heading to Prague on 4th July for 3 days. We're staying in the Cloisters Inn. What would be our best way to get to the hotel from the airport? We are a party of 4. Any recommendations for restaurants near the hotel?
Thanks
Gail
We stayed in the Cloisters a few years ago and if you come out of the door and turn left then do a right you will end up at Charles Bridge - turn right and then weave through to the right and you come out at Tesco's at the end of the High Street.

We arranged a transfer from the airport but sorry can't remember who with now.

There are some maps to download http://www.traveliana.com/prague-map.html
Thanks Glynis,
I've put the site in my favourites. The hotel website says they do a shuttle service so I'll check that out as well. It might be cheap enough spilt between the 4 of us.
Can you buy local sim cards in Prague and would this be the cheapest way to phone the UK? With my Orange PAYG it is very expensive to ring home from Europe.
In Prague Thursday to Sunday - does anyone know what's the weather/temperature out there at the moment? dont want to be too hot wandering around!
There are showers forecast for over the weekend. Temp around 22 - 24 degrees through the day. About 15 degrees at night. I'll be there the same time as you so I hope the forecast is wrong and we get dry weather and only minimal rain.
One restaurant I can recommend in particular in Prague: Back Doors restaurant in Anděl district. Food at a very reasonable price and distinctly Czech - there's none of the expensive rubbish you'll get in the tourist traps.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3157/2564581882_754329b0a4.jpg

This plateful of goulash came to less than £3 and very filling it was too!
I am booking to take hubby to Prague in November for his 40th - we went a couple of years ago, and he loved it. We want to stay on or close to Wenseles (sp) square. Can anyone recommend a good 4 star hotel?
Hi - The square is mostly full of shops. The Radisson is located centrally, while the Four Seasons is on the banks of the river not far from the Castle - very swish. I think they've got a deal at the moment - stay for 3 nights and get the 4th free.
Off to Prague 1st weekend in October 2 couples staying on Karoliny Svetle 9 can anyone recommend anything close by in regards to eating drinking etc
Looking for recomendations for any pubs with live music on or around Wenseslas square please
Looking up from the bottomof the square, there was an Irish pub around half way up, down a side road on the right hand side. They used to have entertainment. There's also a lovely wine bar serving wine from barrels - beautiful, cheap, but lethal ;)
Just back from Prague and can highly reccomend The Green Lobster Hotel- beautiful rooms, great location
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.