Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
I know the prices on their website are per person so at final price will have increased for 2 persons sharing but the prices you state you were charged would still not make sense.
Sorry had to say its Sliema and not Slimani
what dates did you book, so we can see what we get as a quote ?
what website did you use to book ?

one thought - was the 432 for B&B and the 672 for HB ??
Thank you so much for your kind replies.
This is a copy I received of their booking confirmation; please note that the price for the room is not expressed - Euros 54.00 as it was during booking preceedure, nor are there extra fees due for an eventual single occupancy in a double room.
Check in date: 23/7/2007Check out date: 31/7/2007
Room 1: Sea View Room
Adults: 1
Children: 0
Board Basis: B&B-------
Total for your stay: € 672.00You paid: € 336.00 (50%)

I am based in Greece and tried to speak to the hotel manager several times this morning.
He was never available and when I finally could speak to the hotel reservation manager he told me that he is not a web master and if my bill had been overcharged of Euros 240.00 from their web site he was not the one responsible and what could he possibly do?
Called him again and ask him to go through the on line preceedure together while we were on the phone. His reply was that he shall do that himself and will send me an e-mail with the results.
Excuse me.. but I am paying for the international phone call and all I ask is to go through the online booking form together.
At that moment then the reception manager suggested that if intend to proceed for a cancellation,I shall do so with no charges on my credit card.
I am waiting for a written reply within today.
Sorry for this long bla-bla.. but I have been to Malta several times in these past years and need to be in Malta often since my son is studying there. I love Maltese people and have always had beautiful and warm welcome. This is the first non-positive experience and has nothing to do with high season booking problems, nor high season stress. I certainly did not expect such treatment from a four star hotel based in a charming location of Malta.
I just thoght that what I just experienced could be useful for other guests visiting Malta.
Thank you for your kind patience, I'll switch off myself now :)
just did a dummy quote on their website - I think its because of the single occupancy

eg 25/7-26/7 - Euro 49 (based on pppn and 2 people in the room)
on the next page say only one person, then it goes up to Euro 72

their website states "* Rate is per person per night sharing in a double room. ", implying there is a single occupancy charge
Sorry.. rectification on my phrase I just thoght that what I just experienced could be useful for other guests visiting Malta.
I meant guests intenting to book Waterfront hotel in Sliema.
Maltese hospitality infrastructure is reliable and applies high standards no matter what the official hotel classification is or the location on the island.

The hotel web site I made the on line booking is their official one.
For anti-spam reason I have been informed not to post the entire hotel web site on this post.
Again, thank you all
I have gone throught the booking procedure again like Mark did and its coming out at 576 euros so its definetly looking like your being charged extra for under occupancy.I still cant get why you were charged 672 euros though unless of course the prices on their website fluctuate.
For the dates given its currently giving Euro 49pppn, not the 54 quoted above - however, thats for standard not sea view , so the difference between the 576 and 672 could just be difference between seaview and standard (plus as you say jojouk the rates may well vary over time anyway)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.