Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I would suggest you contact Ros Fernihough on 01922 705134 (You will probably speak to her assistant Pam). Ros is a travel law solicitor who often assists our members and will offer you free advice.

Please let us know how you get on.
Sounds awful.

Which Hotel was on your booking confirmation ?

Kind Regards
Stewart
thats the thing. there were two confirmation letters. One said La Flora Patong and the other just said La Flora. There was a mention of Khao Lak but having never heard of Khao Lak i just assumed it was a road name or region. I never thought anything of it!

Apparantly Hayes and Jarvis listened to telephone conversations, and when booking the H & J adviser did say "that one's in Khao Lak" and the girl booking the holiday said "Yea thats fine" so they're blaming Thompson, and on Thompsons records the holiday is recorded as Hong Kong, Bangkok and Phuket.

GAHHHHHHH!
You said you booked in thomson lakeside correct? If so do you still have your copy of the booking forms that you signed? The travel shop should have a copy as well. Yes on the booking forms it will say not confirmed intill you get a invoice but thats the holiday you have signed for so thats what you should get. Assuming you signed for the details of the holiday you was ment to be going on.

If thats the case then if you get hayes & jarvis to review the tapes of the phone call between them and the travel advisor as long as the travel advisor asked for what you wanted then you have two outcomes.

1) If the travel advisor read back the holiday details to the thomson travel advisor and she agreed to it (and did not pick up the mistake at the time) she is at fault and its a thomson customer service issue.

2)If they read back the holiday details that you asked for and booked the wrong hotel , they are at mistake and they are at fault.

I hope this may help you.
Hi.

Thanks for your reply. I do have the original documents that were sent over to me, they said Phuket. Hayes and Jarvis did listen to the phone call, the lady booking it at Thompson said "La Flora" and apparantly the lady at Hayes and Jarvis said "Thats in Khao Lak and Thompson lady said, "Yea that's fine" even though we clearly wanted to stay in Phuket.

The only thing is, they did offer us alternative accommodation, it wasn't in the area which we wanted, or of the same standard so we ended up rejecting it in favour of where they had originally moved us to, but could they use this as an argument to give us less compensation? I would have thought that if they were to offer an alternative, it would be of the same standard (on Thompsons website the one we chose was 4 star, the one they transferred us to was 3 star) and at no extra cost to us, so surely they also handled the situation badly?

I think I will initially send a letter, i'd like to post it here to get someone to check it, so hopefully someone will reply once I do...

Mini
Thomson (The Travel shop) then would be at fault and its for them to have a internal argument with hayes and jarvis to take the blow of the cost as really they should pay for the cost of what was ment to be booked.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.