Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Oh dear lou .I'm sure it will be fine . No chance you can change it or if it's part of the same complex upgrade when you get there .
When did you book and when did you notice? Have you tried phoning and explaining what's happened?

Just reading this bit through again
when we booked we booked Steigenberger al day club 3-4*. I thought it was too much of a bargain.

I'm thinking maybe you booked because of the price. Are you prepared to pay the 5* price? If not, I suppose all you can do is cross your fingers :think
The other hotel is £600 more, :( so being the type of people you are (will enjoy anywhere) :tup - I'd take my chances & stick with what you've booked.
I booked it this afternoon and noticed a few hours later. Your right Shirleyh I did book it because of the price, I've looked at the 5* one and it's approx £200 each more. I'm not prepared to pay that for just a week. Luckily hubby and I aren't fussy, as long as the rooms are clean and the pool and beach are nice then it'll be fine. We will have to buy a few bottles in the duty free, so we can have a drink on the balcony (if there is one) :rofl when the AI option finishes!
I'm a great believer in Fate Lou . Maybe this was meant to be :)
My oh will be with me so i'm sure we'll have a great time!! Watch this space :rofl
Hi Lou, have you looked at google earth? The hotel leads onto the pedestrianised area in Hurghada. I've never walked up as far as the Steigenberger but there are plenty of shops, bars and restaurants further along the promenade all of which will be reasonably priced. If you turn left out of the hotel you are probably about 20 minutes walk or so from the Hard Rock Cafe and a couple of minutes further along is the Grand Mall of the Grand Resort (nice but more expensive than the other bars).

You must be kicking yourself you booked the wrong hotel but as Lyn says its probably fate! I've stayed 4 times at the 5* Grand Resort and 4 times at the lower rated Grand hotel. Reviews suggest that the Grand is a complete dump with appalling service but my experience couldn't have been further from that. Yes, compared to its sister hotel it is dated and very shabby, the rooms being very basic but the service we received was second to none and we loved their Lebanese food. In fact we enjoyed it enough to go 4 times in 13 months!

Anyway the purpose of rambling about the Grand is to say that I'm sure you'll still have a wonderful time even if its not the best hotel! The weather will be fabulous in March - just getting hot but not enough to stop you doing anything and warm enough to be without a coat at night!
Have a wonderful time,
Regards Caro :)
Marlou,Have you seen the recent reviews and photos on Trip Advisor?
If I were you I would have a read and then decide if you want to stick with the hotel or upgrade to the 5*.
Thank you so much for your replies. I was panicking at first but I've calmed down now and am actually looking forward to it. We are not a couple who are fussy and must have 5* accommodation (even thought it's nice). I'm certain we will enjoy the break away! I will report on my return. Any more information would be great. :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.