I am booking my first holiday and am doing so through teletext as my mum has never had any problems with it. I however, am having nothing but problems. Firstly, I rang up and gave the reference number for the hotel we have been looking at for months and he gave me a price which was about £300 more than what it said on the website so I said that it didn't matter as I couldn't afford that. He then told me to wait as he just had a cancellation and gave me a price which was a little bit more that it said on the website but I agreed to it and paid a £200 deposit. After the call I realised on the booking that the hotel name he had put down was extremely similar but different to the hotel which I gave the booking reference for so I googled this and I am absolutely devastated that it is a completely different hotel!!! That hotel was also £200 less on the website than the one I originally wanted as well yet I have been charged more than the one I wanted in the first place. I rang up first thing the next morning as the office had closed when I tried to ring straight back but the person on the phone kept arguing with me telling me that it was the same hotel to which I replied that I was looking at them both on two separate screens and they are not. He then said he would ring me back in 24 hours after he has listened to the phone recording and I have not had any call back so I sent an email in which I was replied to with an automate one which also said it would reply within 4 hours and I haven't received anything.
I am absolutely gutted and it is a complete disaster, if anybody has experience anything similar and can give me any advice I would honestly really appreciate it, I want to get this sorted as quickly as possible and I am having no help from teletext.
Thank you so so much to anybody who takes the time to respond.
In the event they do not decline, you can either report them to ABTA or if you paid on credit card report it as deception fraud and claim the money back..
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply, they told me the hotel was none refundable but they rang me back and said that they have changed the hotels and I should get a booking email through in 2 days so I am just going to wait and see if it actually comes through as after reading some reviews I'm still a bit concerned but fingers crossed
Post a Reply
Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.