Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Hi and welcome to HT!

If your mother had a print out, and still has it, then the shop is at fault if they have booked the wrong hotel.

I would suggest contacting Citizen's Advice to find out your legal position

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/Consumerrights/DG_182935
luci HT Mod wrote:
Hi and welcome to HT!

If your mother had a print out, and still has it, then the shop is at fault if they have booked the wrong hotel.

I would suggest contacting Citizen's Advice to find out your legal position

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/Consumerrights/DG_182935

Hi, thank you for the welcome and the reply.

The problem in this case is that the member of staff in question is denying that my Mother has showed her the quote.

The manager has told my mother that this is the case and is refusing to investigate further (including checking the cctv in the shop)
At the end of the day, you can enter into pointless discussions with them but I doubt they will budge. I would write a detailed complaint to their head office. Just bypass the shop. Make sure you have all the dates and as much info as possible. Also send them a photocopy of your original print out. I would ask them to investigate matters. If they do not respond or try to fob you off then your only realistic step is to raise a court action for the £1000. This would be raised as a small claims.MarkJ posted a very helpful thread about that some time ago which you will be able to find by searching.
I am a solicitor but I do not give legal advice on this forum but I would say that if your mother signed a contract which stated the wrong hotel name, then the onus is on her to double check things. That is the hurdle you would need to jump over to prove to a court you are right.
greenshoes wrote:
At the end of the day, you can enter into pointless discussions with them but I doubt they will budge. I would write a detailed complaint to their head office. Just bypass the shop. Make sure you have all the dates and as much info as possible. Also send them a photocopy of your original print out. I would ask them to investigate matters. If they do not respond or try to fob you off then your only realistic step is to raise a court action for the £1000. This would be raised as a small claims.MarkJ posted a very helpful thread about that some time ago which you will be able to find by searching.
I am a solicitor but I do not give legal advice on this forum but I would say that if your mother signed a contract which stated the wrong hotel name, then the onus is on her to double check things. That is the hurdle you would need to jump over to prove to a court you are right.

Thank you very much for the advice.
where you're going to fall into trouble is that fact that your mother signed the booking confirmation with the name of the hotel on it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.