Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
If you did nt notice the incorrect hotel on your invoice , I am afraid that there is nt really much you can do , particularly if there is a long period of time between the issue date of the invoice and tickets arriving.

If you had noticed the mistake immediately I am pretty sure they would have amended before tickets were issued , however it is probably too late.

Sorry to the bearer of bad news .
We only booked on the 18th May and received the invoice on the 20th May and got our tickets on 2nd June so not a great deal of time between the two we do admit to missing it but if you look at the two names of the hotel we wanted to book the Playa Coste Verde but they actually booked us in the Blau Costa Verde so as you see it was easy to miss.
Sorry but I agree with Kerry. It is essential that you carefully check each document when you get it for any errors.
You say they have played back part of the conversation. How come the other hotel was discussed?

fwh
He only played part back and I think this was because my wife stated the correct hotel at the beginning but the part were he says the other hotel sound like he is saying our hotel as he has added pasquero in front (which is the area why he needed to say that is beyond us anyway) which sounded like playa but its not very clear and its understandable it could be easily misheard.
I agree with kerry and fwh. It is up to you to check all details when you receive confirmation.

You mention pasquero in the phone tape which sounded like playa. Was he perhaps saying Playa Pesquero, the hotel next to the Blau?
Good Luck in sorting it out, but on the plus side... The beach is better at the Blau Costa Verde end.
We have personally stayed at the Playa Pesquero and the Playa Costa Verde and thoroughly enjoyed both, but the snorkelling and sand are better at the Blau Costa Verde end.
The PCV was preferred by its staff as it was smaller and more intimate. We made a large group of friends as we were bumping in to the same people all the time, it was easy to pass the time, cheap rounds as well.
We first stayed at the PP, which at the time was only just second to the PRDO, but could afford it next time so went to the PCV, with trepidation.
We met more people, the food and choice was good, bar staff were great and drinks were nice. We had a great time at the PP but mostly because the world cup was on.
At the PCV, we probably had a better time, even though we didn't find the sandy bit of sea until the last day ( past the beach bar and boat launch area towards the BCV)

I know people who have stayed at the BCV in the past and they enjoyed their stay. the BCV used to have beach discos at night whereas the others don't. I was always too tired to wander along and see what they were like though.

Basically being Cuba, all the food is the same, the staff all do the same training, the drinks are all the same, and the trips are all the same, so it is down to location, accommodation and presentation.
If you can't win transfer to the PCV, don't let it get you down, go ahead and have a great holiday anyway, just make sure you get a good room, figure out how to get the best out of the restaurant and be friendly with the staff.
Just in case you have not done AI before, the trick to the restaurants is to browse to find what is on offer and where, only then do you make your choice, queuing for the fresh cooked food first, then skipping round to get the veggies, chips, pots etc. So many people still do it the other way, piling their plates with chips, or potatoes and pre cooked dishes, only to then have to wait while more food is freshly cooked. You can then hear them moaning about how the food is always cold etc!

Don't forget to try the flambed bananas.

Hope you have a real good holiday regardless. But for the next time you go to the Caribbean, I have found the Caribbean Warehouse to have very knowledgeable staff, not afraid to tell me the truth about my chosen hotel, but still get me a better deal despite me not taking their advice!
Well good news ,the manager has realised there has been a miss understanding with the booking and has managed to change the booking for us happy days,I think they have listened to the recording and found problems with it anyway fair dues to Holiday Mania,and thanks steveb for your post.
SO now you are at the PCV...
In which case you should be in for a great time. All the Restaurants were good.
In the order of things, the PP is best, PCV next and then the BCV, however the PCV staff reckoned that the PCV is better than the PP due to the intimate air.

In the morning they cook eggs etc whilst you wait. And they also made fresh orange juice with a weird machine. They chucked oranges in one end and out came the juice, It wasn't there at any other time. We used to get the toast for the eggs first then get the fried eggs and bacon!
At the other meal times check to see what is being cooked fresh as there was always a large choice, often different.

One night everyone ate out by the pool where they put on a fantastic water dance show. Again they were cooking some stuff while you waited so it was better to get that first.
The beer garden was a bit of a let down, but an afternoon in the pool bar trying out the barmaids different cocktails (I am sure she made them up on the spur of the moment as our a bit of red and a bit of green were not much use) and we didn't notice the lack of aesthetics in the beer garden!
I only managed that once and became teetotal for life, well a week anyway!

The important bit.... The beach.
As you get to the beach, you have to walk across the horribly brown lagoon, It does not smell as bad as it looks and there is plenty of wildlife in there.
On the beach facing the water: the beds are to the left and that is where most people go but there are rocks just in the water.
To the right is the pool bar and the water sports area. Just past that the sand stretches right into the water and that is the best bit of beach. A bit further out is the rock shelf which gives fairly good snorkeling going towards the headland, but take your own stuff.

Wander further along the beach or the path and you will see the BCV. Down the other way is the Playa Pesquero. Some of the people we met at the pcv kept sneaking into the PP and getting coffee and ice cream!

In the evening, the smoking lounge is air conditioned and usually breathable for us non smokers. Very friendly bar staff and they made a mean coffee in there as well.

Have fun.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.