Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Hi Kelly

Take a look at this site HERE for timetables,you could get a bus from where you are to the bus terminal in Albufeira,then get the Transrapido to other destinations as this bus only stops once at each resort.We used the Transrapido and it is a good way of getting about,I think it cost us about £3.80p(or it could have been 3.80 euro) return to Portimao,mind you it doesn't go to Vilamoura,but there are other buses that go there.

Basil.
I would recommend car hire for a few days so you can see parts of the Algarve that are tricky to get to using public transport. Also if you use the car for your trips rather than organised ones it will probably pay for itself. We always have a car for the full duration.
Hi
We always use public transport when abroad as it makes our holiday more relaxing and we enjoy travelling with the locals (it is quite interesting at times). You can just sit back enjoy the sights and atmosphere.
In the Algarve we have found the public buses and trains excellent. You can easily get to Villamoura, Portimao, Lagos etc.
It is personal preference whether to hire a car or not and ours is not to, as we then truely feel on holiday.
Hope you enjoy it.
Thank you, your advice is appreciated!

Kelly
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.