Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Hi :D

mostly sand!! It's not fine powdery sand, but I wouldn't say it was shingle, it's lovely to walk on in any case 8)
Can't think of any shingle beaches on the Island.

One or two bays with just rocks perhaps.

(I would stand to be corrected)
Thanks for info on sand/shingle - this is looking like a super place - just concerned it might be a bit too quiet. Have 2 kids age 7 and 9 and we like to go for a walk in the evening round a small town - don't want masses or arcades though, just pleasant and some entertainment either in hotel or out in town - San Miguel Beach Club looks like a good hotel too.
Just come back from San Miguel hotel. Entertainment is shared with the Beach Club, and in the 2 weeks we were there, there were 4 professional acts and the other nights were all audience participation. My children loved watching it , but if you don't like this sort of thing, it might be better to go somewhere else. There was no entertainment at all in the resort. It is a lovely resort, very small, quiet and pretty. The thing that we missed was going for a walk after our evening meal. It is so small that there is nowhere at all to walk to. There are 4 shops, a few hotels and apartments, a car hire shop, a shop to book trips, and a few cafes and restaurants. It is very compact, and you could walk from one end to the other in about 2 minutes. I don't want to put you off, because as I say, it really is nice, but I'm just giving you the facts so that if you do go, you won't be disappointed. The beach is lovely. There is shingle, but not much and you will hardly notice it. The hotel and Beach club have everything you need for a good family holiday. Its not the best hotel we have been to, and we didn't like it enough to go back, but a lot of people do go back year after year.
thanks for the uptodate info - we also like a pleasant walk in the evening.umn what to do? Found another hotel similar Sirenis Playa Imperial in Cala Longa-seems slightly more there.
Can't comment on the Hotel, but you will find Cala LLonga very similar to Puerto san Miguel. It's a little bigger, still has an excellent beach BUT its only a very short Bus/Taxi ride into Santa Eulalia if you want a little more going on.

I believe the area itself (and Santa Eulalia) boast some of the best restaurants and eating places on the Island. - Check out the restaurant guide on this section.
I haven't been to Cala Llonga, but I know people that have, and all have said that it is very nice. I'm sure it will be bigger than P.S.Miguel, it certainly can not be any smaller, but I think it will still be fairly quiet, but with more going on. Seems like a better choice to me, but then the cost of the different holidays has to be taken into consideration aswell.
Thanks for everyones information and input. I seem to prefer the beach at San Miguel and cala longa, but seems more to do at cala nova, i.e. peace and quiet but can walk into es cana! Don't know how perfect the beach would be at cala nova though! (Fiesta Cala Nova Hotel) Finally, Santa Euliaia looks nice, but only found a man-made beach, need a beach in a cove with rock pools really. I am really stumped now. Any other ideas greatly appreciated.
Hi ukwine
If your kids are aged 7 & 9, then trust me the San Miguel will not be too quiet for them. There is something going on all day and evening for them. The beach is quite coarse sand, but no problem walking or laying on it.
Yes the resort is quiet with only 2 souvenir shops and 3 supermarkets. But there are still some very pleasant walks to be had.
We are going back next year for the 4th time. My two kids will be 6 & 4 next year and already they are driving me nuts asking how many days before we go back.
The evening entertainment is mainly run by the hotel entertainment team and does involve limited audience participation. But there is no pressure whatsoever to get involved (except the amazing 'Boogie Nights' when it is compulsory, but this is a fantastic evenings entertainment)
Defo recommend this resort. We stay in the hotel rather than the beach club as we found the rooms to be better.
Need anymore info then please PM me.
Cheers,
Mick.
Having never been Cala Llonga, i cannot comment on there, however even if i had, i think Puerto San Miguel would get my vote no problem. We had already booked within a week of coming back from our 3rd visit, already getting excited for our next visit. I cannot count the number of people who say that the resort is quiet, which is very true, but when you have such good hotel entertaintment then this doesn't really matter. The hotel run shows hav everyone enjoying them and keep the little kids entertained. My kids were 9 & 15 this year, and my 9 year old especially loves it as theres plenty to do. You won't regret it if you do choose to go.
hi we stayed at puerto san miguel in june this year at the balanzat apartments- the resort is quiet but our kids are 5 and 9 and they loved the beach and are already asking when we can go back,and the sea with the fish swimming around you is out of this world.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.