Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
hi
52 Posts
Thank you Wildcat, that covers that topic then :P
just as i thought ,thanks
I for one won't be bothering to carry my photo around when I pop into the village to get lunch! Really cannot see the Jandarma stopping tourists to check their ID, I'm sure the authorities won't be wanting anything else to put off visitors, we've already had enough scare-mongering before with bird flu and bombs. Mods any chance of locking this topic?
If you look at the link i have posted it is not only turkish people who must carry it . the foreign office tells you it is illegal not to carry it.

Bluepeterno1
Will all the people who think i am telling lies or just trying to scare people
please look at the foreign office link i have posted ,then i will accept your appologise.

Bluepeterno1
Hi Bluepeter

I dont think that people think you are telling lies, its just that they are not taking the ID issue as seriously as you obviously are.

I personally dont think the ID issue really effects people walking around resorts or on beaches.

Problems could occur while driving, where you really need your ID
or just grab there hand and put it down your shorts peter :rofl
:rofl yeh im sure if they ask you for ID peter you can just get their hand again, im sure that will shut them up hehe still laughing now hehe
While I was in Kadreye recently , an incident occurred where the police was involved, i was asked for id , when i told them i had none ,i was informed by them that it was an offence not to carry it in turkey , it was only because i was wearing an a/i wristband from the sun zeynep hotel that they believed me when i told them my name . when i got home I checked with the foreign office web site and low and behold it was true,, i for one will always carry it from now on.
Bluepeterno1
The link that Bluepeterno1 has provided is pretty clear. It is a requirement - by law - to carry a form of ID on you at any time whilst in Turkey - similar to for example the Netherlands and many other European countries.

Whether people comply to this law is up to them. As long as they appreciate the consequences if they don't :wink:

MarkJ HT Mod
Thank you very much mark ,much appreciated .

Bluepeterno1
:thanks... Bluepeterno1.....I have found your post very informative....and I want to thank you I think its better to know these things after all thats why we go on to H/ts if people like yourself dont tell us things how would we know :shrug :shrug ....colleen
No problem ,colleen ,as you say that is what this site is all about ,advising and helping people by sharing there expieriences, nice to be thanked.
Bluepeterno1
Bluepeterno1 ......for you :kiss :kiss :kiss I am deffo more than happy with the advice I read from you .....
For bibbs and sullyfc , just as well they diddnt ask for my fingerprints. :yuck :yikes
i dread to think where you would have put their hands peter :yikes :rofl
Round bluepeters throat would be nice
not nice simon,hope your only joking, :tut
simon m
you wish pal.
Bluepeterno1
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.