Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
I'm sure you won't have any problem booking excursions during Ramadan. Although Moslems fast during the day there is special dispensation for travellers. I have actually been out to Matmata during Ramadan a few years ago with Tunisian friends and we had no problems, except when the car broke down and it couldn't be fixed until after sunset. :roll: It was actually a bonus as it meant we had to stay another night and the man who had shown us round his cave house in the morning invited us to dinner with his family.
hi. can anyone tell what are the dates for Ramadan this year 2008? thanks
Ramadan this year is September 1st to 29th.
thanks for that.
:sun2 we were told it goes back a week or is it a month each year. so in a few years it will be in the middle of summer????
It goes back about 11 days each year so you can usually work it out. These days even the English diaries seem to show the date for the start of Ramadan. It is hardest for the Moslems during summer as the days are so much longer and they can't break their fast until after sunset.
is ramadam the same time in all moslem countries i.e.egypt?
thanks
Yes, it is - the dates are actually based on when the full moon appears in Mecca, ie Saudi Arabia, each year and Ramadan moves forward each year because the Islamic calendar is based on lunar months. I feel for Moslem friends and colleagues up here in Scotland when it falls during our summer because the hours between sunrise and sunset in late June are so long - can be as much as 20 hrs. It's much easier when it falls around Christmas because the sun doesn't rise until after most people's normal breakfast time and it sets again well before 4.00pm throughout most of December/January!

SM
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.