Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
real turkey?
11 Posts
Hi Michelle

We always stay all inc which hotel are you staying at ?

We are going in June for 2 weeks with grand kids then in Oct for 2 weeks

If we go out for a meal we used to go to Adam and Eve there is one one the main road near the Gima but there was one in the Armatulan area don't know if it will be there this year its over the road from the Armar

We find it cheaper to eat in Armatulan area than it is on the main strip

The seasons is only early so im sure there will be lots off relys for you as the months go by xx

Have a great time we always do xx :rofl
if you do eat real turkish it is alot cheaper as said before in the turkish canteena's jugs of water and boxes of bread are on the table these are the real places :sun2
Absolutely! You will also get much tastier food. I don't know Marmaris but I'm sure someone can let you know some good places or otherwise just some of the locals when you get there.
If you fancy venturing a wee bit further afield, I would highly recommend Cinar, which is just outside Marmaris. It's in a lovely rural setting, with chickens, ducks, geese, etc wandering around, and the food is fabulous. The Turkish breakfasts in particular are to die for - local honey, cheese, etc, and you can watch them baking the delicious bread in the wood-fired ovens. If you google it, you will find their website.
I find that eating up the side streets e.t.c is much much cheaper than eating on the beach front. I also find that they are friendlier environments and the workers are really pleased to see you.
thankyou for all the replies.. i will be writing everything down..

celine we are going on the 9th may to stay at club diana hotel... have read up on the reviews that its well known for the russians who push and shove to get at the food... which by all counts isnt very good :( hence wanting to know where some of the cheaper cafes/restaurants are... ;)
Hi the Diana is right near the Gran Pasa near Green Nature theses are lovely hotels have a look around while you are there we always stay in theses hotels food and drink is good the Green Nature is ultra All inc if you look around then maybe if All Inc is for you i can send you cheap sites to book theses hotels we go in June staying at Green Nature we paid 2000 but that's for 2 weeks hotel flights and transfers for 4 adults and 2 kids which i think is a good price x :rofl
I've just forgotten it's name but the Turkish restaurant almost next door to Club Julian is fabulous. Been going to Marmaris for 10 years now and only discovered it last October (Must have walked past it hundreds of times). The food is outstanding.

Wilson ;)
dont worry about russians because They wont be in Diana early weeks of May. They are coming after middle of May.Diana is nice hotel by neighborhood 5 star hotels. You asked for local restraurants. when you get out Club Diana turn left and walk to beach way end of chanel u will see Siteler Lokantasi on the rigth side bye near Noname restaurant. There is alltimes lovely food there fo evening same way when u reached to main road turn right then walk about 200 meters and there will be real kebab house will be front of you its called Cınar. he food is excellent also we Turks are going to eat there or order kebabs from this Cınar. if you ask more questions about area pls PM me
Get out of Marmaris for a day to experience a diifferent kind of Turkey. You could get a bus from the bus station to Datca. They go and return almost hourly, cost very little and take just over an hour. You will pass through stunning mountain scenery. There are many lovely restaurants there for lunch, a few shops and on Saturdays a market. There are some nice beaches to laze on before you head back in the evening. I think the last bus back is around 9 pm. Other places to go are Sogut and of course you can mosey along to Icmeler and Turunc. Marmararis is nice but you can experience the real Turkey if you venture out.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.