Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Sorry don't have any personal reccomendations yet, this link
http://www.justzante.co.uk/Kalamaki.htm may be helpful. I'm going for the first time on June 22nd so will update you then
Hello from Kalamaki,
Its our last day so we hit an internet cafe to email a few people and I saw your post so might as well give you first hand info!!!

Obviously time of the year counts for a lot and we have tended to find a lot of the bars are quite souless in May. Places like Down Under, Venue and Plus Soda have hardly had people in them most nights although I am sure they are kicking during prime time season.

Good bars we have frequented are Drunk Corner (great for footie), Fire Bar and the Oasis Bar. In fairness the best bar by a country mile is the Iguana Bar on the beach road, great service, footie, movies and absolutely great beer food. Would definitely take a walk to it some nights, just down the road from the Venus Hotel.

Restaurants I would recommend, Castello (4 meals absolutely top notch pizzas), Hera, Merlis (on the old strip), Tesoro but I would personally never return to the 'world famous' Mermaids. Over priced and sloppy service.

As for now, its 26c and sunny. The weather has been fantastic and I would definitely recommend May as an alternative to those hot blistering 40c+ August days!!!

Hope this helps anyway, we are off to Cape Town tomorrow to start our round the world trip!!

Cheers or should that be Yammas!!!

Julian
Hello from Kalamaki,
Its our last day so we hit an internet cafe to email a few people and I saw your post so might as well give you first hand info!!!

Obviously time of the year counts for a lot and we have tended to find a lot of the bars are quite souless in May. Places like Down Under, Venue and Plus Soda have hardly had people in them most nights although I am sure they are kicking during prime time season.

Good bars we have frequented are Drunk Corner (great for footie), Fire Bar and the Oasis Bar. In fairness the best bar by a country mile is the Iguana Bar on the beach road, great service, footie, movies and absolutely great beer food. Would definitely take a walk to it some nights, just down the road from the Venus Hotel.

Restaurants I would recommend, Castello (4 meals absolutely top notch pizzas), Hera, Merlis (on the old strip), Tesoro but I would personally never return to the 'world famous' Mermaids. Over priced and sloppy service.

As for now, its 26c and sunny. The weather has been fantastic and I would definitely recommend May as an alternative to those hot blistering 40c+ August days!!!

Hope this helps anyway, we are off to Cape Town tomorrow to start our round the world trip!!

Cheers or should that be Yammas!!!

Julian
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.