Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
the best hotel near everything would need to be the don pancho
but very expensive as it is a five star :lol:

or even the sol costa blanca on the beach

there is so many nice hotels :lol:
Hi Sandi ... as Jackie says, there are so many to pick from. Why not have a browse through our Costa Blanca Hotel Reviews section, as well as previous posts in this forum, and I'm sure that you will find some to match your own specific requirements.

David :wave
When we went last august, we passed the sol bosta blanca, and it looked absolutely gorgeous, the only thing that seperates the hotel from the beach is the promanade. I kept saying to my boyfriend, "I wish we had have booked that hotel" Made our three star hotel look really dingey in comparrason.Its a 4* and is centrally located.I do know its in direct holidays brochure. Have a fab time. Allison
The Dalmatus is a very nice hotel near the beach.Its in a quiet position but not far to walk to shops bars etc.Look on the reveiw section for details of the hotel.
Ocas and Pelicanos come highly recommended from family members.

Riudor also is very highly rated.
Like many posters have said, you have a lot of choice.
You don`t tell us the age of your parents, and the reason why I ask this is because some (older) parents don`t like the hussle and bussle of children in hotels.....nothing wrong with children, I once was, one myself and have 2 grown up boys, but now, I prefer to book a hotel where there are the minimum amount of kiddies)
Also, when are you thinking of going....the hotel Sol Costa Blanca is indeed on the beach, but this hotel closes from the end October until around end of Feb, it is a small family run hotel and the majority of the guests are Spanish.
The hotel Sol Pelicanos/Ocas is in a good position, but I found too many kiddies in there for my liking.
We stay in the Hotel Las Dalmatas, and we are a pair of old croonies, (63/58 not quite ready for the zimmer frames and sticks yet) the food is very good and only a very very short incline from the beach.
You have loads to choose from, and some more info from you might help us to advise you better.

Besos xxx
sanji
Hi their my parents are i their seventies they dont like sunbathing much they cover yhem selfs up so the beach his a no no but kids dont bother them as we have a 7 year old ,but they like a busy resort and will fit in with any thing i was thinking of the old town area as we stayed in the hotel lavante club last time and they never got to the old town But we like the beach they will sit round the pool with a brolli over them but they will fit in with anything we do they never moan thanks sandi
Sorry, I can`t help you with the hotels in the old town, I have never actually stayed in them.
The only two that come into my mind are, the Hotel Selomar ( on the beach) and the Hotel Avenida (two mins away from beach)....both at the end of the levante beach...beginning of old town.
Someone else might be able to help you further, regarding the old town.

Besos xxx
sanji
I have been going to Benidorm for 18 years and have stayed in quite a few Hotels from the 2 star Rio Park to the 5 star Don Pancho.
The Hotel that I return to time and time again is the Dalmatas although as stated the rooms are getting tired now.
However it is a very clean hotel with an excellent restaurant.
Request a low floor as the lifts can sometimes take awhile.
The only drawback I can see for you is that there are 32 steps up to the pool area.
Hi

I think the Madiera Centro might suit you as it is right between the old town and the new. The reviews of it seem to be ok. It is located near to McDonalds at the Plaza Triangular and is opposite where all the buses seem to stop. The only down side is that on the reviews there has been mention of roadworks near to the hotel but of course this all depends on when you are thinking of going. The hotel is in the Direct Holidays brochure. I have been inside downstairs and the public areas are spotless - I couldn't comment on the rooms or the food though.

Michelle
Have a look at the Corona del Mar (4*), it on the Poniente side of the old town (very close to centre), and only 20 metres or so from the beach.

Enjoy anyway,

Robby :wink:
Hotel Rialto

Great hotel great staff fruit by pool at 10:30am every day.

I even got sent a letter saying thanks for filling in the quality questionaire as well as a christmas card ( I had stayed there in summer)

Im counting the days to I can go back to Spain.
Dalmatos was definately the best we,ve stayed in. Highly recommend it :D
I absolutely loved the Terralta in the Old Town, Its low rise and only 3 storeys high, and you can have a ground floor apt.

Only problem would be on a hill, but the reception staff are very friendly and would call a taxi for you....there seemed to be many old people there when we stayed and it wasnt a problem for them...

think the site is http://www.apartmentosterralta.com
I just hope that everyone who has posted their recommendations here has already posted reports in our Costa Blanca Reviews section - I will be checking and passing names of any offenders to Glynis !!!!! :lol: :wink: :lol:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/costa-blanca/

David :wave
I havent just yet I admit!!!

Im back in uni in a bit so will do it then :)
Until then Im relegated to 15mins on my boyf's comp!!
David.
I have posted. :D .....only hope there is enough room, at the inn for me, when I go back next month. :D all these people will be fighting for my room. :rofl

Besos xxx
sanji
the best hotel i have stayed in was the castilla. It is lovely and it looks really nice inside and out. Unfortunatly i cant afford to stay there this year xx :bhead
The old town is definately best for your parents. The best places to stay are the Avenida Hotel or Apartments. They are only 2 streets back from the promenade. I took my parents last Christmas and my father was waiting for a knee replacement and found the hotel and area superb as he couldnt walk too far. The apartments are also fantastic and just across the road from the hotel, you can also use all their facilities. Have a great time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.