Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Believe it or not my favourite restaurant in Phuket is Sam's Steakhouse at the Holiday Inn in Patong. The decor used to be of black and white photos of 40's film stars but then it was destroyed by the Tsunami and now has a more up market feel about it. The staff are lovely as is the food (I go for the lamp cutlets Mmm). It's air-conditioned and smoke free and has a lovely intimate atmosphere but not cheap.

Another popular one is the Banana Leaf round the back of the HI, it's always full and good value.

This year I am going to stay away from the British Fish n Chips... they are nothing like the real thing :rofl

One thing to watch in some of the open air horseshoe bars in Patong is that the drinks look reasonably priced on the drinks list. Then you get a bill that you can't climb over as it's loaded up with taxes and service charges that isn't shown on the list.

I look forward to reading others recommendations.

Cheers Geri
Wow, I have to many to list here lol but heres a couple.
Nickys Handlebar on Rat-u-Thit rd, never had a bad meal here and been going there a few years. Their Thai food is delicious and averages about 100baht and they have a secret pizza, its not even on the menu. Its a Penang Curry Chicken Pizza, Nicky the owner has it and told us to try it. Well its the best pizza I have ever eaten, you would swear your eating the curry.

Bang Mud and Kru Suwit, these are both floating restaurants off Kok Maphrao )a 2 minute free longtail baot ride from just past Phuket town. You rarely see tourists here mainly well to do locals etc. The seafood is fresh and a lot cheaper than the touristy areas.

Natural Restaurant in Phuket town. This place is so different and the decor is fantastic, its on 3 levels and has a huge tree growing through the restaurant, everything is made of huge pieces of chunky wood and theres lots of old computers and televiosion sets made into fish tanks. Plants and waterfalls everywhere and old rusting irions and knick nacks. Looks beautiful!.

Palai Bay is another favourite, down past the Phuket Zoo lots of massive seafood restaurants.
I have photos and info of over 30 restaurants on my website, just google cathy and gary lol.

Cathy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.