Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
1. Collins Red Sea Reef Guide - brilliant :!:
2. Debelius Red Sea Guide - the old Bible of Red Sea guides

If you can afford two go for it as none of them give exhaustive coverage of all the fish and corals you will see...

I took a Collins out two years ago and now the dive centre I use stock them for their clients to buy - my copy stayed there...
Thanks for the info, I will search now for the cheapest I can get them
If its just to identify the fish, then you can get a waterproof guide in Egypt for a couple of pounds. It has pictures of all the fish you could see, how to tell if they are dangerous, and the depths that they live at. My lot used it all the time.
Do you know if you get the underwater guide here in the UK?
do you have the name of that waterproof guide ,so i can e/mail him and see if he does trips round the pyramids as well :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Waterproof guides I've seen are pretty poor compared to the photos in either of the books, and cover too few of the fish you will see, and plenty you won't (like sharks etc) snorkelling.

That said, I have the one Diver magazine gave away a while ago - so perhaps I should scan it, laminate copies and flog 'em :idea: :wink:
PS - these may be available at the Dive Show in Birmingham on 13th/14th Oct.
The Collins one is a great version and I took my copy away with me last year.
I was able to identify a multitude of species

I got mine from Amazon
The waterproof one, doesnt have a proper name I dont think. It was available in all the supermarkets in Sharm.
The fish id slates or Maxi Memofish booklet, also water resitant and sold by Emperor divers in Egypt, are available from SimplyScuba on-line. These are the cheap guides seen in the shops out there. About a fiver each.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.