Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi Juttkeys

I'm afraid that most of the restaurants in that area are 'touristy' - Jim maybe able to advise of something off the tourist route.

But if you want something truely authentic, your best bet is to head for the hills (Troodos) and find yourselves a little taverna in one of the out-of-the-way villages.

If you have a car, I suggest you pay a visit to the 'Vasilias Nikoklis Inn' at Nikokleia (see: http://www.vasilias-nikoklis-inn.com/ ). Tassos does an excellent meal for just a few pounds and the setting is stunning - an old stone village house that he's converted for agrotourism.

Nigel (aka EPHMH)
Ah Nigel what a gorgeous place.....that's another must go to :lol:

Helenxx
Excellent keep them coming! as I say we'll be hiring a car so we can get away from the touristy areas when we feel like
Loads to choose from here.

Mark
As we won't be drinking and driving and intend to enjoy our holiday to Cyprus later this year, can anyone give suggestions on taxiable restaurants offering traditional food from the Paphos area
As mentioned on the link for Cyprusliving the Almond Tree in Paphos is always worth a visit.
I cant wait until September to visit!
Dot
Hi Juttkeys,

There's another very good restaurant in Paphos - more upmarket. I think it's called the Kalochorion - and it's in April 1st Street.

It's away from the tourist area in a back street in an old converted house.

Bon apetit
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.