Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
If you are not travelling with a TO then apparently you register yourself at the local police station.
you get a little white card from your hotel upon checking out

apparently you cant leave the country without it
you get a little white card from your hotel upon checking out

apparently you cant leave the country without it

We still have ours, no one takes them off you at the airport,or even asks to see them.....
Sorry Sheldon, but I think you meant no-one took yours. I can assure you that mine have been collected from me every time I have left the country, and thats about 25 times. Please do not be complacent about this if you haven't got it you can have mega problems.

Patka
same here,ive always had ours took off us at depature
Do they just give them to you,or do you have to ask for them :?
It's no great problem, you will be given one per passport holder when you book out of the hotel at reception the day you leave.

It's just a white piece of paper, that normally the border guard takes out of your passport when he inspects your documents at the airport.

Nothing to worry about.

Peter
Like Patka, we have always previously been asked for our registration documents on exit from Bulgaria - last month, however, the border guard, who examined our passports at Varna airport, declined them when I offered them to her.

If we hadn't had them, you can bet that we would have been required to present them or face a significant fine!

Baldur 8)
Nobody on our flight a couple of weeks ago , was asked for them or had them taken off them. That was from Bourgas, we`ve still got ours.
What he did take off me though, was 2 £1 coins, they kept setting off the alarm, so he said. Thats 2 years on the trot where theyve had all my coinage, whether it be stinkies or english coins.
These registration documents that you are talking about are obsolete now(or so I was told).When i asked for them at reception when we left, was told you dont need them now,and nobody at customs asked for them.
Hmmm. We've booked a villa privately over the net. I'll email the villa owner to ask him about whether you still need these registration papers.
Hi fitzy16,

What he did take off me though, was 2 £1 coins, they kept setting off the alarm, so he said. Thats 2 years on the trot where theyve had all my coinage, whether it be stinkies or english coins.

I was caught like that the first time I came out of Bourgas - the border guard had the nerve to wink and say "Police Tax...."
hey, i got those regestration documents from the hotel when we checked out,

i gave them to the check in girl along with our passports but i still have them inside the pass ports.

she looked at them but never took them off us

:shock:
after all the fuss to get thr reg docs they werent even looked at at the airport .we still have them in our passports. but i think its best to have them and very foolish not to
Apparently from Januay 1st 2006 they'll become obsolete. Instead we'll be asked to fill a form out on the plane giving our address to be handed over with our passport at customs. That's 5 leva per person saved :D . Till then I guess you'll have to continue to register with the local tourist office (If in Sunny Beach). If staying at an hotel or B&B they'll do it for you. I've been there about 20 times with both Sofia and Burgas airports having never asked for them.

Cheers
In Sunny Beach that's the charge per passport for issuing the reg docs. Probably a standard charge throughout BG.
have just returned from G/S on sunday , mine and my daughters forms were took of us at the airport, my husband still has his so i think its depends who is on on the day.
ours were put in our passports by the hotel staff.
who do you pay the 5 lev to :?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.