EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Hi Flimflam,
Indian TV standard is Pal B and UK is Pal I, so therefore tv will not work correctly (Picture but no sound). You can get them converted but mostly more trouble than its worth.
HTH

Boyd
Many thank for your reply Boyd.

We were considering bringing in a small flat screen TV, as we have limited space and they're very expensive in India. Looks like we'll have to think again!
I now have the address of the very good electrical goods shop in Mapusa
It is:-

SHETYE SALES CORP - DULER - MAPUSA phone 2251015

It is just outside Mapusa - if you ask a good taxi driver he should know where it is. Give them a ring if you can't find it.

New, very large showroom with a good selection. Sells larger items like fridges, flat screen tv's, washing machines etc. and does not sell things like electric kettles and mixers etc.
All the items are priced but will negotiate a discount without much asking.
Thank you for the address Narial. we will pay them a visit.
If you do go to the shop in Mapusa they will not pressure you into buying anything - they just left us alone to look round and then answered any questions we had then pointed out they were just ticket prices and would give us a good discount, delivery and a "present" if we bought most of our big electrical goods from them.
We will see in September what the present is. :)
hi, me and my girlfriend have just brought a place in goa (baga beach), the developers we purchased off wanted £4500 for the furniture package, so i went out and brought it for approx £2000 with 2 sets of air con units fitted!!, so well worth the trip out, i was intrested in shipping some other items out like a bed setee, any ideas where i can info on this or any tips.

also any good websites where i can advertise for the rental of my property, i am back out there in october to finish things off with the furniture..

any info would be great.
hi copestare we have also bought a appartment in candolim there is a place that rents out property for you called lazydays we stayed in one of the propertys they rent out 2years ago before we had bought our si will look up there website and pm you. Where did you buy your aircon? and if you dont mind me asking how much are they split level wall units Elaine
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.