Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I am begining to think that the Goan Government don't want us foriegners in there country, but surely they realise that the money that we bring into there country, keeps them afloat?
I understand the worry regarding terrorists a few have been staying in south Goa, but when they start targeting everyone I think people will move on too other countries with less bother and more welcoming to tourists than Goa.

Lez
tomitma & Lezlie, I don't think the Goa government are targeting tourist. All along the police had to be informed of who a local was renting out his house to. Since it's clearly mentioned that the elements they're trying to prevent can merge with the local population... they mean terrorist from across. It isn't the western tourist that they will target
DAK
My landlord always asks for a copy of passport / visa at the start of each season...it's the law. Also, if you are staying for longer than 180 days you MUST register with the FRO in Panjim, this has been the procedure for as long as I can remember.
The bit about the bikes......well, they've always tried to make it difficult for non goans to own anything out here!!
It's reassuring that they are at least trying to tighten up security, I recall one terrorist being arrested in Margao station last season with bomb making devices on him and rumours the season before about a terrorist cell in Baga.....not sure how true that one was?

GFF xx
To be honest for sometime I have thought Goa might be a target for a terror attack - given its economic success and influx of European tourists. Lets face it nowhere is safe and they are trying in Goa, in their rather haphazard way, to protect their/our interests. God forbid anything happens.
Fred you're absolutely right about that.
Read this, no need to panic.. but there's no harm in being alert is there.

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Repository/ml.asp?Ref=VE9JTS8yMDA2LzExLzAyI0FyMDE1MDA=&Mode=HTML&Locale=english-skin-custom

Best
Dak
Alert they were...about 15 armed guards with semi automatics outside 9Bar on monday night..bizarre, really bizarre seeing them at 9Bar considering I haven't even seen a cop there in 5 years..
I meant for tourist not to panic, but be alert in public places
DAK
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.