Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Glad you had a lovely holiday.
Fiona,

Sounds like you had a great time :) We ate at the Club Magician and the Yagmur - Sunday night they had a really good guitarist in there, and go the crowd going so much that there was fireworks going off inside the restaurant!

The sun was very very fierce, but that breeze is a godsend!

Were you affected by the power cuts on Thursday night? I loved that!

Thanks for all your info before we went, it really helped :)

Will see you next year no doubt!

Heid
xx
Glad you both enjoyed it and want to return, this is a good sign.
Fionay,

Excellent report and I could almost imagine being there. The whole scene sounded brilliant. Sorry for my ignorance but how far is Akyaka from Marmaris, would it be worth a trip in to see the place as I will be in Marmaris in a few days time.

Wilson :wink:
Wilson

It is not far from Marmaris around half an hour and well worth a visit. Best bet would be to check with John at Icmeleronline about getting there I beleive you can catch a Mugla Dolmus and ask to be let off at the turn off to Akyaka though it will be a good 20 minute walk down to the village from there. In Akyaka the taxi fare to Marmaris was20 or 30 ytl If I remember rightly.
Heid
We were in the Yagmur on Thursday during the power cut, all part of the fun There wasn't much chance of spotting each other on the beach! much too busy.
FI
Thanks fionay, now considering giving it a visit.

Wilson :wink:
Wilson McMillan, would be interested if you could let me know how the journey from Marmaris to Akyaka goes, as we want to do it in reverse when we stay in Akyaka in a few weeks.

Thanks
We did the journey last year. Its pretty easy, I think there was a dolmus about 9 or 10 in the morning to Marmaris, but if I remember rightly you are a bit limited coming back, directly into Akyaka. I think there is one about 4 ish but none after that. However as someone else said you can get any bus from Marmaris that says Mugla - and there are loads - and get off at the top of the road into Akyaka, then walk down takes about 20 to 30 minutes and downhill! That is what we did, and we still managed it carrying very heavy bags! It was fine, as long as you don't find it a problem walking in the heat.
Thanks Alfie,

As long as there is a nice cool drink at the end of the walk then thats fine with me. (I`m sure hubby will carry the bags and/or Katie)
I have been to Akyaka 7 times before and have just booked yesterday to return in September for the 8th time. It is a lovely place with a lot to offer. I have stayed before in a house way up the hill and in the most recent few visits the hotel Yucelen, The hotel is very nice, extremely clean and offers a great service. The beach is lovely and the village has a real Turkish feel for it. It's nice to go somewhere where you can mix with the real locals and get a taste of the real Turkey. The locals are very friendly and accommodating. The restaurants and bars are very reasonably priced and Akyaka boasts all in all a great holiday detination for families or couples. I would definitely reccommend a visit.
We was in Icmeler in June and heard that Icmeler Travel Centre did a trip to Akyaka for the day.

We was picked up from our hotel around 9,30 (we was the last pick up) It took around 45 minutes in an air conditioned coach, dropped off right down the front and was there until 4 - not really long enough.

It cost £6 return.

Icmeler Travel Centre is more or less opposite Harry Steak Restaurant or a couple of yards from the Chill Bar.

Nice trip but we could have stayed longer on the beach.

Barb
ive just come back from 2 weeks in akyaka, had a great time, met lots of people and a few brits that stay there for 6 weeks, husbands seem to stay 2 and the wives and kids an extra 4 so thats something for me to think about for next year. weather was great there was a cool breeze most days so it was more comfortable and a few degrees cooler than marmaris areas. prices in general are slightly cheaper than marmaris, we ate away from the beach and riverside restaurants most days as it was much cheaper and better quality eating in restaurants the turks use more. we did find there was more mozzies here than in other areas of turkey we have stayed this time round, and certainly more than we have seen in akyaka before so dont know whether this year has been worse but we were all beaten a fair bit despite mozzie sprays which is unusual for us. beach was very busy the 2 weeks we were there, so if anyone is going soon you need to get to beach before 11 to get a sun bed. 1 restaurant to avoid is the vira vira, food is terrible which is a shame as the setting around restaurant is fab, everyone we talked to that ate there said they had a bad meal, its changed chef since last year. the best 2 we tried were kristol and kazan.
Hi Ellie
glad to hear you had a good time
Lally
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.