Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Is the restaurant your thinking of called the Vrundavan ...? I agree about the ribs at the Kim Faa they are superb but the only problem with them ...is the ends are to close together :rofl .....Keith
I have to be careful with the spare ribs! They are up my nose, in my ears everywhere!!! :que :rofl Not that i have a big nose, they are just messy!! :rofl
Is the restaurant your thinking of called the Vrundavan

No that is a semi locals restaurant next door to the public bar that has been there forever and the food can be very good or very very bad, much prefer Goldfish if we want a cheap meal
Thanks Meagain & Noggin :) Have heard quite a few good things about the Tibetan restaurant, looking forward to trying that one too.
Thanks Noggin I will maybe give the Tibetan a try :tup
Anyone been to Bomra,s and/or Cecillia's this season, we went to Cecillia's, twice last Feb, and was very pleased on both occasions. We will def give Bomra's a go while we are there this Feb, if reports are favourable. :cheers

The Preacher
Can anyone let me know where Roys Restaurant is, read a few good reviews about their Chinese and Thai food. However, directions differ - I think they are somewhere near Stonehouse in Candolim, does anyone know and has anyone been this season.
Thanks
Cx
We went to Bomras this year and last year but I think there are nicer restaurants. The food is very good but I am not keen on the location. The menu is very different to anywhere else, we do tend to go for the suckling pig though. It is more expensive than the usual places. You do need to book as it does get busy and isn't very big. I do feel as though I am sitting on the side of the road somewhat. But the important thing is the food is good which is what you go for and having said all that if you haven't been its worth a visit. Can give you the cost of our meal if you want to know prices.
Hi BrenLiz

It would be great if you could give some idea of the cost at Bomras, while we tend to eat on the cheap a few nights a week, we are all ways looking for an excuse to spoil ourselves as long as it not way over the top also it also sounds like the food is a bit different to the norm

We have been back to Nik & Nats in Arpora a fair few times now and must say they seem to have got the food and service just right but even though the drinks are cheap nobody seems to stay after the meal, so very little social side to the place but Nicks Place just around the corner is all ways such a bubbly place to call in for a drink and/or a nice meal
The Preacher
we went to Cecelia's in November and I was very disappointed with the kingfish I had.
The fillet was very small and thin and was very dry.

It's a pity as we've had some good meals in there although I do think the menu is quite limited.

Roxey
Roy's is around the Stonehouse area, I can't quite remember exactly where, but it is on the same side as the Stonehouse and is upstairs.
When we were there last 2 weeks of November, it wasn't open.
Went past Kenny's today in Calangute. All closed up!! Always used to have a full english on a saturday morning after Post Office road market. Anyone know what's happened??
What seems to be the favourite of everyone this season, and what new places have sprung up to try out ?
Roxey - Roy's has moved from the Stonehouse area. He is now just off the main Candolim beach road, on the right as you walk down towards the beach, not far from Titus Roma Pisa. We went in November 2011.

We know Roy from his previous location but the last season or so haven't been to his restaurant as we tend to go at the beginning and end of the season and he has either not been open because of the weather, or has closed early. I saw the sign for Roy's as we were walking to the pizza place and as we walked to the entrance a waiter greeted us with "Oh, you found us!" We weren't even looking but we were glad we found him.
Thanks Katie, will definitely give Roys a try - so many good reports about the food, can't wait.
Cx
My absolute favourite this season was Double Dutch in Arambol, it's just superb :tup

I also enjoyed Rasa in Arpora and for shack food the Golden Eye in Ashwem
Meagain will look up the price we paid in Bomras and let you know.
Hi Meagain, this is what we paid at Bomras. We had 3 main courses, 2 desserts, 2 G&T's, 1 water and 2 glasses of wine and the cost was 2,900rps. The desserts are really nice. Hope you enjoy your meal if you decide to go, I am sure you will.
Thanks BrenLiz :tup the cost doesn't sound to bad so I have put it on our list of places to go, when we don't know where to go :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.