Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Looks nice chilly may have to try that 1 next month, see you on the 16th nov lol
umm yummy and just been reminded my chicken was stuffed with spinach and ginger :duh
chilly
Chiily
Walked past it nearly everydayfor 3 weeks in Feb this year, but never ate there, will deff do this Feb, as we are staying just across road at J Js (Friends) see you in Feb :cheers
A quick update for those of you that use Montana in Calangute, we called in the other night and was welcomed in, they had only just opened and were still sorting themselves out but it turns out it is no longer the same people or menu, the one they found for us was for Starlight of Arpora but we was looking for fish fillet in a parsley and wine sauce and not Indian food so did not stay but do intend to try it out soon
i used to love that dish in Montana's too meagain it was yummy!!
chilly
Souymens Kitchen is open for lunch this season as well :)
Still love Nicks Place, in Arpora, might be a bit out of the way for some folks, but its immaculate inside, food great and staff are brillliant. Plus me, Polly50, Irishcolleen and Sleepsrus were quiz champions :D
Plus me, Polly50, Irishcolleen and Sleepsrus were quiz champions

Your lot must have been the only ones there :rofl :rofl :rofl
Not many tourist places open yet but this is a few of the eating places and restaurants we have used in October used since coming back

Lazydays cafe Baga, a big welcome back from Adolf and the long term customers, had a lovely meal and evening, started with half an avocado with prawns followed by fish fillet in mushroom sauce plus we asked adolf to chop up a couple of prawns to add to the sauce, same good value menu and prices as last season

MIX Arpora, made very welcome by everybody even the band, had a good night listening to Noel, Carlos and their new man Fabian as Ragu is away, had good food and a few drinks, all in all great evening and prices as last season

Capricorn Calangute, we used to use this place years ago, so don't know about last season's prices but they seem reasonable in fact have been there three times since getting back as it is close to where we are staying at the moment, good food, good staff, massive menu and not to bad on prices

Fish & Chick Calangute, this place was heaving with domestics and we fancied something tasty, butter chicken, aloo gobi, egg biryani, couple of paratha and 6 beers was 550 Rps, found what we wanted ,the price was ok but not cheap, service was good and the staff

Chippy Calangute, just had to have the English breakfast here even if it is now 200 Rps, very well cooked and tasty but think the veg version is better value as you get mushrooms and baked beans instead of two small sausages and scrape of bacon also it is only 160 Rps, a great start to the day but preferred it when the eating was separate from the pub bar, seems to have lost all it's character and charm now it is all one big room

Stonehouse Candolim had a great night there last night and partied to well after midnight with the same band as MIX plus Mike doing a great job on harmonica also jimmy did a session with Noel, Carlos and Mike. Good music, great food friendly staff and excellent company

Horizon Grill Candolim I have got to agree with Chilly, fantasic meal and good staff
Tibetan....next door to Public Bar....upstairs...
You must try the amazing Spare Ribs....the best ive tasted anywhere by far...(ice cold beer as well :tup )
Forgot to mention.....Uncles Kitchen...opposite Nizmar Hotel in Calangute...
a little roadside restaurant....fantastic food...cold beer and an ideal place to sit and people watch.
My mate has just opened a restaurant opposite All Spice in Arpora. It's called Nic n Nats, if anyone wants to try! :wave:
I just love the restaurant thread. Already making a list for February.

Papa
Just back from the stonehouse again (zzzz 2.30am!!) another rockin night there with lots of varied jamming and some great music ...including some awesome harmonica solos... lots of people up and dancing even Chris the owner got up for Mel and keith's turn, he (Keith) plays guitar and she sings!!! they will be playing there on Tues nights for a while and are new to Goa (friends of mr and mrs Megain) and worth a visit, we went in a crowd and as usual Mrs Meagain and mrs Blues and I were on the eggs (shaking them :rofl ) and the rest (the more talented folk!!) including Blues got up and did a turn... a fab night a great meal and good prices..I had the kingfish an dprawn in mushroom sauce with rice and veg 280rps i think.. :think .. not too sure now!!! but a huge piece of kingfish,,,.was very busy with mostly Indians from delhi and Mumbai and a few Russians...
chilly ;)
Stopped going to the Stonehouse as I found both the food and service had gone.

May now give it another go in Feb.

Thanks Chilly

Papa
Ditto papa, have never had a good meal or service there, so stopped using it some time ago.
Lin
Thanks Lin b

Thought it was just us.

But really it was not just once tried it a few times and was not impressed.

Everyone has different opinons i suppose.

Still love this thread.

Papa
we gave it the benefit of the doubt on several occasions, but worse than the food and service was the awful jazz music played continually :duh
funnily enough got to admit Mike and I had stopped using it a few years back too!!! pretty much same reasons... but i went with some friends last week as not many places were open and had a totally different experience... thats why i have been back twice since..the service has been spot on and the food lovely... :tup not had any jazz Lin but some really good old stuff...and some more recent too, but best of all a good variety of music this time round with various people playing, i guess in (full) season, once things get going, the music might depend what night you go?? :que still worth giving it another go i think, strokes for folks i guess as you say papa ;)
chilly
Rising waves in Candolim has been open for a week now,a favourite of ours :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.