General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi and welcome to HT!

Are the flights booked already and are they part of a package?

There is nothing to stop you booking one way flights from Palma to Glasgow or you could ask your tour operator or travel agent to do it.
Yes, there booked as part of a Thomson Cruise package, would make it a lot easier flying back to Glasgow for obvious reasons, they're not offering this cruise flying out of Glasgow, as thats what we've done in the past, but the lure of Havana (2 nights)was to much to miss this cruise, maybe give Thomsons a phone, Thanks, Dougie.
So they are providing a flight from Glasgow to pick up your Birmingham flight but not taking you back to your original departure point? Seems strange :think
I read it that Dooglas doesn't want to fly home to Glasgow via Birmingham (which is what's booked?) but wants to fly direct from Palma to Glasgow.

SM
The package consists of a flight from Birmingham to Montego Bay , and flight from Palma to Birmingham, we booked the Glasgow flights down separately, I was hoping to dispense with the Palma/Birmingham flight,Dougie.
If Thomsons have booked you from Glasgow to Palma as part of the package, and it's all been booked at an inclusive price, I doubt they'll be able to change the return flight and just put you on one to Glasgow. The flight from Birmingham is a cruise charter so the aircraft has been chartered by Thomsons cruises just for their passengers. As Luci says, there's nothing to stop you booking a one way from Palma to Glasgow separately.
As no one knows exactly what's been booked, and how, it's only possible to guess the answer to your question. Only Thomsons will be able to tell you, so I would contact them.
dooglas55 wrote:
The package consists of a flight from Birmingham to Montego Bay , and flight from Palma to Birmingham, we booked the Glasgow flights down separately, I was hoping to dispense with the Palma/Birmingham flight,Dougie.

Thanks for the clarification, that is what I thought had happened.

I think your only option is to book a one way flight from PMI to GLA at your own expense. You should let the tour operator know that you won't be using the return to Birmingham.
luci HT Mod wrote:
dooglas55 wrote:

Thanks for the clarification, that is what I thought had happened.

I think your only option is to book a one way flight from PMI to GLA at your own expense. You should let the tour operator know that you won't be using the return to Birmingham.

I agree.
Thanks for all the input,will try and book a flight to Glasgow from Palma, Cheers,Dougie.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.