Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
you obviously love your country :D The sun and the people- both good reasons to visit Greece
All the above plus the food, the drink and the beauty of the Islands. Perhaps that's why we have just booked our 19th(!) trip back to Symi.
Still around then Richard !
We visited Andros for the first time this year (our 36th island) and as usual it has a character of its own. We liked it so much we'll be back in 2015. Quite a large island with a very 'Greek' atmosphere.
We too love Greece - definitely for the laid back lifestyle, the tavernas, the people, the scenery.......not as well travelled as the above posters - only 9 different islands and 14 trips over the years ;)

Planning our 15th trip next June, probably Rhodes...maybe Corfu...or perhaps Kos ...or.... :rofl

PS Visited Symi just once on a boat trip ....the wettest day we have ever experienced in the Med :que
Don't rule out the mainland Dave. We have had great holidays in the Pelion and the Peloponesse and for a Greek island 'feel' Parga is hard to beat
Yep we love Parga too RDV, siiting down on thew fron with a cold Mythos watching the water taxis coming and going or just wandering up the hill to the castle looking at all the small shops on the way.
Having been to 16 islands, I love Greece. It's the laid back way of life, lovely beaches, good weather, not many traffic lights or policemen, reasonable prices.

Or is it putting your loo paper in a bin????????
Is there any one of the Greek Islands that does not have mossies please or a time when they are less likerly to chew, all the other features sound really nice
The only time I've had a problem with mossies was in Corfu. All the other 15 islands I've been to in June were OK.
Naxos is very nice and no mossies when I went. Very clean place and not many Brits, so keep it quiet! We don't want to spoil it.
Yes I like Naxos as well. Mrs Qman and I had a lovely holiday there in Naxos Town. The beach is fantastic and the town lively but not too much.

Has anyone else been there apart from the other Qman and Me and the wife?
A difficult question to answer, but for us, they have everything we could ask for, in order for us to totally chill. I step off the plane and immediately I can feel the stress lifting.
Qman even this doesn't phase me
Or is it putting your loo paper in a bin????????
:rofl
It's part and parcel of the place!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.