Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi and welcome to HT!

If you put Bansko into the Search facility and choose Topioc Titles Only there are severa previous topics which may be of interest.

luci :wave
Hi,

I stayed at Chalet Jora this winter with a group of friends and we had a blast. The chalet is gorgeous, really cosy and comfy. The hosts, Jay and Laura, were wicked too and they worked really hard to make sure we had everything we needed.
The food, especially the cakes each afternoon, were really great.

Bansko itself has a mixture of old and new buildings. The town is almost split into 2 towns, the old town and the new town. It's nice to go for an apres drink in the 'new town' when you come down from the slopes, we liked Harry's Bar in particular. Jay came to collect us everyday to drive us back to the chalet. We could have walked, it's not very far, but why would we do that when we didnt have to?! The 'old town' has more bars and a few nighclubs too. There is more of a village atmosphere in that part of town so it's nice to get a taste of both the old and new.

The slopes were pretty good, however I do think they need to expand the piste area in the coming years. There's plenty of scope for it and it is a developing resort so I'm sure it'll happen soon enough.

Hope this is of use!
P
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.