Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
I have been reading with some alarm on the sickness at these two hotels?

Where have you been reading this please, as a friend and her hubby are going there next summer as well?
qatarman can you provide a litle bit more info regarding your scource!

Thanks
Graham
I have found mention of the illness issue on TA reviews. Not sure if this is also what qatarman is referring to.
Correct Shirley it is TA also a disturbing thread about poision on the beach?
I understood that one holiday maker thought there was poison on an area of grassland outside a bar/restaurant as a dog had a fit and died followed by the death of a cat on the same spot.
We can only go on the posts on TA but its not good reading when we are paying well earned money to holiday there.We were looking to move but as normal with Thomsons they deny any knowledge of any problems at the hotel.
The one consolation you have qatarman is that you don't go for a few months so hopefully by then everything will be back to normal. Friends of mine (another member here) have booked the Garopa for next summer and made the choice through reading the many positive reviews made previously. However I know I would be worrying, especially as people are now saying that the hotels are more 3* than 5* platinum :que
Hi Shirley,
Reading the threads on TA it seems that the sickness and files came after the heavy rain they had at the end of August beginning of September.I agree about plenty of time we will go with an open mind and see for ourselves.
I know its a different resort, but my daughter & hubby are at the Riu Karamboa now, and are having a fantastic time. They say the food is the best they have had anywhere, & they've been to some top hotels before.
Hi Helen,
Family members were at the Garopa 2nd and 3rd weeks of august this year and they enjoyed their holiday.As I put this has come after the heavy rain,seems to have brought out all the flies which are being blamed for the sickness,we have to remember its Africa and there are plenty of airbourne viruses that can cause sickness.We will keep checking and see how it goes.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.