Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
Are any vaccinations needed for Cape Verde?

You'll find more info here

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/travel-advice-by-country/sub-saharan-africa/cape-verde

and here

http://www.nathnac.org/ds/c_pages/country_page_CV.htm

However, it's always best to check this out with your own GP practice - these queries are usually dealt with by the practice nurses at my local health centre - because they will have access to your medical records as well as the most up to date recommendations. They can then recommend the best options for you personally based on what is needed and what you have already been vaccinated against etc.

SM
Towels are provided, the hotel is a twin complex with the Garopa and you can use either pool the restaurants are also shared you do have to book in advance preference is personal choice but the Chinese does seem more popular.
I have been to Cape Verde twice and didn't need any additional injections above the ones recommended for travel in general but it is always advisable to check the current recommendations. You should also check your travel insurance as most class it as World Wide excluding North America.
If you click the blue 'View My Media' link to the left there area couple of slide shows showing the island and hotel :sun2
Thanks both for replying. Feel much better informed! The video is great.
Hi all,

We are now going next weekend! I have just a couple more questions.

Our travel documentation tells us to take lots of insect repellant. Is the insect situation bad this time of year?

I also realise this is the rainy season. Has anyone experienced the rain this time of year? For times when it is raining what sort of TV do the rooms offer? Are there any english channels?

Finally I read in a review somewhere that they shut the beach at night. Is this true? What do they do? I quite like late night strolls on the beach!

Any information as always, is appreciated
Thanks for the links and info guys, very interesting resources
Just wondered if anyone can tell me if there are two 'sittings' for dinner at the Funana. Just 33 sleeps until we go and I want to e:mail them before we go to ask for a late check-out and quiet room - would also like to request the later sitting if neccesary.
Thanks. :cheers
No formal times for sittings in the main buffet restaurants except the overall times for breakfast, lunch and dinner you can use either the Funana or Garopa buffets. You need to book for a specific time at the speciality restaurants.

This might put you in the mood:

http://youtu.be/CgltLIiwVIM
Thanks, Nick - have seen your pics, they are partly what decided me on Funana. Can't wait now! :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.