Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
hi all
me and hubby are going to this hotel on 24th july has anyone news on wether it has opened or not.
thanks
gill
Hi Gill

This hotel was opened on the 6th May by the president of Cape Verde and the CEO of the riu group, one of the first guests to stay at this hotel has posted photo's on facebook, link address below.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1911358417959.110084.1061822171..

Will be posting my warts and all review on this site on our return :tup

Regards

Joe&Debz
thanks for that photos are lovely now looking forward to my holiday :tup
yes joe3400 we will be there from the 23rd of May see you there ;)
First reviews are already on Trip Advisor. It's looking good. Booked into the adult area leaving Manchester on 20th June. Two weeks of pure relaxing.

I'll just have to hope that the lack of tea & coffee making gizmos in the room are made up by the optics :tongue
Hi Joe

we are going on the 19th see you at the airport, we are staying at soffitel the nght before starting early LOL !! can't wait :sun2 :cheers
Paul & Teresa
Hi teresak

Driving to the airport in the morning as we only live 40 mins from Gatwick, will have to start packing once the suitcases are down from the loft.

If we don't bump into you at the airport will see you in resort, staying in adults section.

Regards

Joe&Debz :)
Hi,

Due to go here in November, just booked for two weeks, really looking forward to it, pictures look brilliant and it is outside fo the kids holidays so hoping there is a reduce amount of childeren about! :)

Looking forward to the review, I know there are usually teething problems when a Hotel opens.....hoping there is none for your trip,

Have a safe one,
Hi
If you have visited Riu Touareg could you help me with the following questions please?
Do you have to wear long trousers for lunch and dinner or are shorts ok?
Is there an iron in the room or do you have to take your own?
What time is the all inclusive bar open at in the morning and what time does it close at night?
What time does the nightclub close?
Does anyone have the number of a local travel agent/taxi driver?
Thanks for your help.
Pam
Hi looking to booking the Riu Touareg - it looks great - want to go into the adults section - will I need to book a suite to have the optics in the room? Also, I have read that snacks are available 24 hours what type of snack is this and is there room service?
I also understand that the Thomson plane is a small one - anyone able to tell me what type please so I can look at seat plan?
Thanks in advance for your help
Hi tricksykent

In answer to your questions, we stayed in the adult section last May and have booked to go next year.
All rooms in the adults section have optics but be prepared to only have a choice of two bottles of beer,coke,sprite fridge replenished every other day.
limited sun loungers in the adult section resulting in a free for all at the start of the day, 24 hour snacks are available in the main section of the hotel...includes burgers, drinks hot dogs and salads.
Room service was not available during our stay which was only a few weeks after opening.
Thomson aircraft is a Boeing 757-200 with winglets.

Having said all that it was a great holiday....Enjoy
Can anybody tell me if there are lots of cockoaches in the Rui Touareg hotel only I have recently come back from the Garopa hotel in Santa Maria Cape Verde and it was full of cockroaches. Thanks Lynfa
Hi lynfa

We stayed at the Touareg 19th May this year and did not see a cockroach, in fact there were very few bugs at this complex, perhaps due to it being brand new only time will tell.

Joe
We are going here in November and wondered if anyone could answer the folowing?

Do you tip in Euros or US Dollars?

Will the bar staff fill up your insulated cup for you?

Can you take bottled water through the airport when you are coming back to the UK?

Many thanks for any help you can give.
Hi Sedge
1. Use Euro's
2. Yes they will fill your insulated mugs/cups
3. usual rule apply re fluids through departure, you can purchase water once through but having said that I forgot that I had a bottle of coke in my rucksack....filled from the machine in the self service areas of the hotel and this was not noticed, maybe luck maybe not.

Regards

Joe
Many thanks for your help Joe.

What type of electric plug adaptor will I need to take?

Many thanks

Sedge
Euro style 2 pin, same as you would use if going to Spain/France. :)
Hi guys

Looking to book up touareg for 2weeks in July. Looking for some advice.

Is the adults only upgrade worth it? And what's the price difference? Also are there many younger couples there, as we would be early 20s. Also I know it's isolated but is there plenty to keep you amused day and night?

Really appreciate a response :)
Thanks
Stephanie x
We are going to the Touareg in a few weeks time, can anyone tell me if it is worth upgrading to the Adults only section and if so, what 'extras' are available? This will be our 3rd visit to Cape Verde at this time of year, a great place to chill out before the onslaught of Christmas :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.