Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Thanks Ian ~ Sounds great ~ any sunshine will be welcome after this terrible weather! Can't quite believe I'll be in the warm sun in less than 2 weeks. Children are getting very excited too.

Thanks for the info on the pools Sabs ~ sounds like the indoor one will be open.

11 days ~ and counting!!! and no i haven't started packing but will be bringing some warm things for the evenings ~ just in case.

Hope to see you there!
Hi sabs.yes it's still quite chilly at night or when the sun goes down. So you will need something warm.

Ian
Thanks for the info, been checking daily for temps- looks all good and Im flying early hours tomorrow! cant wait!!
Has anyone visited this hotel that can let me know what the rooms are like, I am looking to accomodate 2 adults 2 children 10 & 16. I have heard bad reviews on duplex rooms, has anyone stayed in one?

Thanks

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
Hi, I am new to this forum and have previously posted my questions but have a feeling I posted in wrong place!!!!

So I shall try this forum.

Can anyone tell me what the rooms are like at this hote, I need a family room for 2 adults & 2 Children 10 & 16, I have heard bad reports on duplex room, has anyone stayed in one?

Many Thanks
I am going in October and viewed the hotel when I was in the area last Easter. I have booked a duplex room and these look great - very spacious.
Double bed upstairs (mezzanine) and 2 twins downstairs - both have bathrooms. Ideal for teens.
What have you heard about them? My husband isn't happy being on the 10th floor, but I haven't read anything else negative.
Hi, the only bad thing I have heard it the mezannine room is very hot with no window or balcony just a balcony that overlooks the twin beds.

I have read a review that said a family of 4 stayed in a suite which was a double room with a lounge turned into a twin room, might be worth asking them to change your room if you are not happy with it (when you get there).

We have booked this for next year now as the hotel has fantastic reviews.

Hope you enjoy your hols and keep me informed

Regards
Jools - I read that about the Royal Dragon also - their sister hotel and nearly packed a fan (we got back Saturday) and although it is slightly warmer upstairs, the AC worked fine (they have 2 controls in the room - 1 for downstairs, 1 for upstairs). We were allocated a family room on arrival (was great, but only 1 bathroom), and we had booked a family suite. We moved the next day.

You do look down on the other room but you only sleep and get changed in the bedrooms, so we liked the set-up. The only thing I would say is if you have young children, the patio door opens from their level. The mini bar and safe is also on that level.

The Royal Wings looks a fantastic hotel - I can't wait to go. When are you going?
Hi i stayed at this hotel in april and it was warm then, and a few families we talked to said about the heat in the duplex rooms. at that time of year the ac wasnt belting out the coldest air but i think they hadnt turned them on as summer hadnt kicked in.
the bigger rooms are on that floor only so you wont have a choice with that. I had a double and single bed and was put on floor 9 but to be honest the views were wonderful. the hotel was amazing and i have heard its even better in the summer months so I hope you all enjoy.
Thanks Sabs. AC doesn't get turned on in most hotels until May. We stayed at the Limak next door but one and it wasn't on. Had great weather.
Hi,

We are not going until 1st Sept next year ( I know, sounds sad booking so early, but its booked up already!).

Im more worried about the kids having a fridge in their room and overdosing on pepsi!!!!!!

One thing I forgot to tell you, I also read on a review that the recommendations for a good view is 10th floor!

Who have you booked with? Is it this Oct you go?
Not sad at all - those are where the good deals are - and daytime flights! I've booked 3 for next year! :) Duplex rooms are all on the 10th floor - you either have the view overlooking the pool (at the back) or the aquapark (which is at the front of the hotel).

I'm booked with Direct Holidays. Yes - we go for half-term - 23rd October - good daytime flights. All gone now!
i doubt youll be spending loads of time in the rooms for the kids to over do the mini bar. its only a couple of pepsis- besides when you see the food - you will feel guilty not letting the kids drink what they want. word of warning i put on half a stone when i came back from this holiday- but luckily as i had been swimming daily it wasnt all wobbly! :(
I was wondering about the Aqua Park, is it acutally on the hotel sight or slightly out of the way?

Also does the beach really have them fancy beds on them?
Didn't see the beach when we went, but the aquapark is to the right of the front entrance. Easily accessible. Have you seen the pictures on the German website Holidaycheck?
the aqua park is located at the front of the hotel (road side)
the pool is at the back which then follows on to the beach, and yes the beach has loads of sunloungers
Hi we are going to the royal wings on 8th April can anyone tell me if the waterpark and fair will be open? Advising to Thomas Cook they open on 15th:( going with 3 children so would be great if this was available, also any other tips have been to Delphin a few years ago.
Many thanks to all who reply.

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
We are going very soon and any advice about the hotel/resort would be welcome. :cheers
:whoops
I went there in November 2010. It was fantastic. Looking forward to returning.
Have read all the posts but can't find the answer to my question which if anyone can help it would be great - is the waterpark and fair open in early April (going the 8th) according to the TC brochure it doesn't open until 15th April. Also anyone else going there the same time?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.